UNABLE TO PLAY GAME I HAD RECENTLY PURCHASED

Hi, i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but 2 days ago i had bought Call of Duty 4 in the xbox live marketplace and today because of hackers i cannot play anymore. I have been de-ranked to the point i cannot even search for a match and i am pretty upset i spent 20$ for nothing. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

COD4 is very old, before you buy an outdated game always do some research on the game to ensure you can enjoy it without issues.

In the past you could contact them and they would fix the issue you're suffering, but since the game is so old I think they no longer will support it. You "could" try by contacting either Activision or Infinity Wards support lines to see if they will help you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand that, and how would i be able to know if there was hackers before purchasing the game? i had already called Xbox Support and Activision, i'm just rather mad that i spend 20$ for nothing when i already pay monthly for multiple services i should be helped in some way.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SleepyGrass"]

I understand that, and how would i be able to know if there was hackers before purchasing the game? i had already called Xbox Support and Activision, i'm just rather mad that i spend 20$ for nothing when i already pay monthly for multiple services i should be helped in some way.

[/quote]

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_360_games/a_d/call_of_duty_4/f/773.aspx

Look at the game's designated forum on the forums...But I understand what you mean.

"To walk into a situation without doing some research is to be walking in blindly."

Sorry this didn't help.

To be fair,  One shouldn't have to research to see if a game is riddled by hackers and is playable online they are selling the damn thing.  They were fixing this issue for CoD 4 before fourzerotwo (Robert Bowling) Left the company.  If you can get in touch with them they should be able to fix your issue.  Do not accept game invites from any players regarding any CoD online matches unless they are close friends and you know you are going into an actual game.  Not an infection lobby.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Turv3y"]

To be fair,  One shouldn't have to research to see if a game is riddled by hackers and is playable online they are selling the damn thing.  They were fixing this issue for CoD 4 before fourzerotwo (Robert Bowling) Left the company.  If you can get in touch with them they should be able to fix your issue.  Do not accept game invites from any players regarding any CoD online matches unless they are close friends and you know you are going into an actual game.  Not an infection lobby.

[/quote]

True, it makes no sense to sell a product when one cannot freely enjoy it without risk...

Sorry this didn't help.