Unable to play downloaded games on my new profile

I have had this problem for a while, it's mainly with Trials HD (+map packs), and Gears of War 1. The account which purchased the games is the one which I'm using now, the membership on this account is silver. When I went silver I created a new account and made that one gold, and began paying monthly for Xbox live on that.

Here's my issue: On my 'new' Xbox Live account I am unable to play the games which I PURCHASED on my other profile.

How can I fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you changed consoles you will need to do a License Migration. Once you do that you should have no problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't once mention that I bought a new Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is the account that purchased the DLC still on your console?, if not there is your problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

The purchasing account does not need to be on the console providing the correct licenses are in place. I could delete voteDC from my console and still be able to use the DLC purchased with other accounts.

I suggest following Temhotabot's advice and doing the license migration, as it sounds like that the console you are on is not the one the account was on when the DLC was purchased.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh right that's news to me, I always thought the purchasing tag did need to be on the console because the licences are tied to it as well as the console.
Obviously I am wrong though so apologies OP.

But as the OP has already said he is definitely using the same console as he purchased the DLC on what else could cause this DC?.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

Oh right that's news to me, I always thought the purchasing tag did need to be on the console because the licences are tied to it as well as the console.
Obviously I am wrong though so apologies OP.
[/quote]It's a handy feature which is enabled because Microsoft give a  license for gamertag and console. I don't often give them credit but in this case it is a great feature.

I often go gaming at friends houses, so pop my profile on a memory card and the people at home can still enjoy the DLC on my console while I am away because of the console license.

At the same time I can download the content at a friends house and use it while connected to Live because of the gamertag license.

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]But as the OP has already said he is definitely using the same console as he purchased the DLC on what else could cause this DC?.

[/quote]If it's definitely the same console then my guess would be that it has been off for a repair at some point, so while it 'technically' might be the same console, the ids could have been changed. Of course the repair centre is meant to do the license transfer for you but it isn't unheard of for them not to do it.

In that case running the license transfer would again be the solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers DC that's wicked.

I cant beleive after nearly 3 years no one has ever pointed that out to me before now. Better late than never though hey. :)

And console ID theory sounds bang on to me.
Just do me a favour and if you see me post something that is not right in the future let me know. I would rather be told I am wrong than someone just leave it and I keep posting something inaccurate.

Sorry this didn't help.