Unable to make payment?

Alright so I purchased an Xbox Live gift card and redeemed it, bringing my account balance to $15.77. When ever I try to download a game from the marketplace (any game), I receive the message located below. "If you have more questions, your financial institution is the one to ask", Microsoft, you are my financial institution, why you added that, I have no clue. When I looked for the methods for a solution, I found one stating that I need to clear my Cache. I did so, and was still unable to make the purchase.

What is the content you are trying to download?

The Co-Op Zombie Game

What error code or message are you receiving? 

"Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your billing address is correct. If you have more questions, your financial institution is the one to ask."

What region is your account? 

U.S.A.

What region do you physically live in? 

U.S.A.

Speed Test:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3256656059

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I should add that I was able to make purchases a week or two prior to this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have almost this same issue. Try buying the game you want from your console. I've noticed you can't buy anything from the marketplace online because you can't use your Live account balance there, but you can use it if you shop through the Games tab on your dashboard.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, I've had this exact problem a long time ago. I couldn't add any payment option... I had a small chat with Daniel from the support, I gave him the info he needs, and he said it can be escalated to the Advocacy team and get it fixed in 2-5 days. In about 3 days, my account was updated, and everything worked fine, after I've had this trouble for a long time. Try chatting with the Xbox Support, and see if they can help you with this issue.

Sorry this didn't help.