Unable to load a saved game from Skyrim

I have had the game, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for a week or so. One day out nowhere it says disk unreadable. So I cleaned the disk several times and it still came up with the error. So I tried starting a new game and loading the old game from there, and as soon as I hit load it came up with the error again. Then I started another new game and tried to save it and the error came up again. So I went back to GameStop and got a brand new copy of the game, went home and tried it and the eroor came up again. I then installed Skyrim to my Xbox 360 and then tried to play it and the error came up again. So I put in one of my other games Call Of Duty: Modern Warefare 3 and that game loads, saves, and plays fine. The same with any of the games that I put in.

I tried everything xbox.com said to do to solve a unreadable disk error, and those didn't work. So now I need some help and suggestions to try and help me be able to load my old file and play Skyrim.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

unreadable from a new skyrim game? its probably your hard rive, I once had issues like that, I just kept ejecting the disc until something came up, but usually when you successfully install a game, there should be not read errors since most of the data is pre-loaded

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there XTRACT3D,

I'm so sorry you're having issues with Skyim.

I love that game to death! I play it CONSTANTLY.

I have a few steps that MAY help you with your issue.

1. Clear System Cache x2

2. Install the game to your HDD (At the Home Hub, Press X where Skyrim would be)

3. Redownload your Profile

4. Check for corrupted data for Skyim in your HDD or storage device

If the issue is still going on, I would contact Customer Support, they maybe able to help you further, if those steps do not work for you.

Good Luck!

Happy Gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

You need to clear your cache. :) and restart your console. tadda

Sorry this didn't help.