Unable to join an Xbox Party

I can create a party with my family in my house and connect to Modern Warfare 3 as such. However, if I am invited by or I invite others outside of my house to a party, we can never connect. But I can join their game, just never join the party. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hmm.. Seems like a NAT type issue.

When sitting at the MW3 Main Menu you should see "NAT Type:". It will either be Open(Good), Moderate(ehhhh), Strict(Not so good).

If it is either "Moderate" or "Strict" that could be the reason why you can't connect to your friends. You can figure out how to make yours "Open" by searching the forums for this sticky post by ArminatorX... How To: Open NAT to resolve Party and Multiplayer problems. Once you get your NAT type to "Open" you should be good to go.

Just in case that NAT is not the problem make sure that your Parental and Online Safety Settings allow you to join parties.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would agree that it sounds like a NAT issue. Here is the link that nCONNS is talking about. forums.xbox.com/.../7448.aspx

It could also possibly be a NAT issue on the end of the person trying to host the party or that person's settings. I would ask your friends to possibly check their settings as well if your NAT shows as open. I hope this helps and have a great day!

Sorry this didn't help.

mmmm is possible has to be with you nat.

make sure you NAT  is open.

if is moderated you might have problems to join a xbl party. and more if is strict.

i recomend you to open you nat.

you can do the following,

disconnect you modem wait 60 seconds. and re-connect it.

also you can call you internet supplier.

Sorry this didn't help.

If it is the party that is the problem like the others said check your nat, but if that doesbt work check your privacy settings to be sure that you are able to join Xbox Live parties.

Sorry this didn't help.