Unable to download the Escalation map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops

To begin with, my xbox is a UK console and my copy of Black Ops is also a UK version and when I try to download the 'Escalation: Pack 2 [EN]' the error message comes up reading "This item isn't available from your current location." While I have absolutely no idea where the problem stems from, it could be from my account region, which is set to Holland (I created the account in Holland and have since moved to the UK, and now I'm returning to Holland). Is there a way to download this map pack from where I am? Perhaps I ought to mention that I'm not trying to bypass the age restriction, my date of birth is July 19th, 1991, just in case that could cause a problem. Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Hi there!

The specific reason to why you're unable to download the map pack is because of the region location information set for your account. When you move back to holland the content should download with no problems at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Right, firstly, thank you for identifying the problem, secondly, is there a way to change the region? Seeing as my move is not happening for about two months and, well, at the risk of sounding spoiled, I'd like to play it now. This is mainly because I just spent £20 getting the microsoft points and it just seems like a waste on the short budget I'm currently on.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would wait untill you move back to Holland. There is a way to change the region of your xbox LIVE account, however you can only change it to one of the new countries which became supported for LIVE earlier on this year. The only alternative would be to create a secondary account in the mean time and purchase the map pack using that.

Sorry this didn't help.

How would one go about changing the region? Considering it's the UK, which I'm sure is supported. When I try to change the region, the box in which the country can be changed is not changeable for some odd reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry you have misunderstood me. Earlier on this year xbox LIVE became supported in a further 9 countries, being:

1. Czech Republic
  2. Russia
  3. South Africa
  4. Greece
  5. Hungary
  6. Brazil
  7. Colombia
  8. Chilie
  9. Poland

You can only change the region of your account to one of the above at this time, no where else.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please refer to our sticky post regarding region issues when purchasing.

Sorry this didn't help.