Unable to download "Games for Gold" Rainbow Six

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2505/t/1572734.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/1586184.aspx

Those 2 thread are ppl having the same problems. In the second a new poster with the same problem is told to open a new thread. So i'll do the same thing here, althoogh I don't think that should make a difference.

Now to my problem:

I could download the last free games without any problems. I bought 2 (sales) games last week without any problems. Rainbow Six however refuses to download, showing error code 0150017. I have a german account and a german ip. RS is a "Games for Gold" freebie in Germany and yet i can't dl it.

I can't dl it through the web, something I also noticed when I bought the 2 games last week, but thought was only a minor glitch in the system. Well, apparently not. I have to state a credit card or paypal account. I have none of these and I don't understand how that should be a neccesity if I still have money in my account. Furthermore, we're talking about a free game here!

If you google the error code you find a few threads, yet no-one seems to have found a solution. Can that really be true?

Can no-one here help ppl get their free games? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 66 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It sepends first not everyones situation is the  setting s can be vastly different are you sure it is rainbow 6 for your region?

You can check it under the games for gold tab on your console

To download an game even free off the web you must havr an payment option

if not then you will have to download it directly from your console

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I am sure it is free in my region. *sigh*

Sorry to sound a bit annoyed, but that is the standard answer for threads like this. It is the GfG in my region.

The "payment option" necessity for downloading a Game or DLC is a seriously stupid idea since changing the points system. To be honest it is making me not going to buy a One next year if I'm forced to do things like that. I have over 20€ in my account, and yet MS still trys to force me to have a credit card or paypal account? What next? I have to have an MS smartphone to access other stuff for my xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.

not really you could always use the standard answer use your console

voila its magic instant results FREE DOWNLOAD without payment method

doing it on the web will only result in pain and suffering due to a you don't change to the correct marketplace for your region

b you don't read the proper description of the game

c you try and rewrite a new payment system with god knows how many currencies currently supported by xbox live countries and see how long it takes you

then maybe you will understand that we aren't ms and just volunteers who can only give the answer use your console because it is the answer or add a payment method if you really hard set on using the website

its really that simple

Sorry this didn't help.

if you read tht first thread it was an issue with his region and was his correct answer as per the terms of use you must use your real location

why do you think we say don't rely on other threads because most likely it wont apply to you

if you really want to do it only on the website which is strange because of you not wanting to add a payment option

FYI the payment option doesn';t actually have tostay on only on subscription purchases as per the terms of use if you bothered reading It I suggest you do maybe you will understand billing more if you did

a payment method must be on file for billing accounts (subscriptions)

you only need to add it and then remove it after the purchase

although I don't know why you aren't doing it from the console since the game still has to be downloaded

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear:

It won't download on the Xbox! showing the above mentioned error code: 0150017

Sorry this didn't help.

Well theree is two error s that happen with that region lock error as stated in those threads and answered correctly

regions must match by international laws and distibution rights

2 its a billing error in which case you need to call support

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Bibo,

Really sorry to hear you've been having a frustrating time with downloading your games.

As ngocphi said, one of the main reasons for these type of errors is a region mismatch which is why we usually look into that as a cause. As you are positive that everything matches up, for that error code I would recommend contacting Phone Support as it sounds like there may be an issue with your account blocking you from downloading those games. They would be best equipped to look into your account and billing information to help you get things sorted out.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

I've only just seen this thing about 2 free games.

I'm in the UK.

I don't have any payment method on my account.

When I tried to download the game I'm also told that I need to set a payment method!

Is this a way that Xbox/Microsoft is checking your age?

I get my membership via a 12 month pre-pay card, this is the reason I've not set a payment method yet.

Do I need to set a payment method to get FREE games?

This is the only time I've had any problems with DLC from the market place (eg. Cards in game pre-order bonus, etc)

Thank you in advance...

Sorry this didn't help.

the only reason why you need a payment methodis if you are downloading from th web

if you do it from the console you don't need to have one

Sorry this didn't help.

Just a headsup: I had a chat with support. According to their info my ip is in Austria!

One ipcheck site like http://www.wieistmeineip.de/ says my ip originates from Germany. The one used by support says my ip originates from Austria. http://www.speedguide.net/ also states Austria. What I have found out is that other customers of unitymedia also are routed through a network by Unitymedia with parts belonging to an Austrian company. Peering or something like that? Anyway, without wanting to become a network technician because I want to play a game, it means that some sites etc. believe the ip comes from Austria. So I guess this means I'm screwed. Although Austria has less restrictive rules concerning games than Germany (FSK - cut editons in Germany, PEGI uncut in Austria) I can't download Rainbow Six. And who knows what else I won't be able to do in future, either free or paid for. So, because I don't believe in fake accounts etc. I'm basically being punished, for technical reasons beyond my control.

Sorry this didn't help.