unable to download games

I am trying to download GWG games but i always get can't download. Even for the game i purchased last week in deals is not able to download. What is the problem. i tried almost all suggestions other thread but am losing my patience as i am spending my money to play but not even able to give a try as its not downloaded. I never had this download issue as i bought around 15+ games for the past 2 yrs and downloaded. does this has to do anything with the preview program.

i am getting fed up retrying to download as i have to constantly check whether its downloaded or not. We have a low internet connection in our area but had no such issues for 2 yrs. is retrying the download again and again is the only solution.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

ok here is a couple questions which you should always answer so people can troubleshoot

what is your account region

what is your actual region (us foreign bases don't count as the us)

what is your speedtest.net result

what is your connection type 3g lte or cable dsl or fibre

3g and lte is not usable for large downloads

if you have less then 5mbs it wont work for large downloads

gwg full games on demand games are large vs arcade titles which are only a few hundred megs

also if your account region matches your actual region are you backgrounding your downloads that would be why you need to keep the screen active for large downloads if you have a slow connection

for MOST gwg triple a titles they are region locked

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. i have gone through your replies in other threads but still not getting what the problem is with download now wheni had downloaded games wih more than 6 GB with the same internet speed

my region is india. And we dont have the high speed internet in our area.

One thing i dont understand why suddenly these problem came up.. i downloaded games that were not part of GWG with this internet speed for the pas 2 yrs. i downloaded dishonored hitman, tomb raider, bioshock all before these were part of GWG. I paid for these games and they downloaded along with other paid ones that have more than 6GB

This has nothing to do with region lock for sure. as the downloading starts but does not complete it. I am sorry to say that saying less internet speed does not work for large downloads does not satisfy me.

You are saying to me that having gold account is useless since i cant download games. I bought remember me game when it came in deals and been trying it to download for3 days. its not part of GWG.

Also i cannot keep watching the acive downloaded till it completes as when controller automatically switches off the active download hides. it would not be possible to have that screen opened till it completes

I looked in other forums where it was suggested to try background download. so i enabled it only day before yesterday and when i signed back in it said cant download.. iam trying to download remember me which i bought in deals. mafia 2, assasin creed, army of two also have this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Youndont need to keep thr screen active you just cant be using the console while its downloading

Internet speed does actually affect the latency of your downloads ask your isp they will tell you exactly how latency can stop downloads

This is an internet fact

Google or wiki latency

If the latency is too great then it will time out your only option then is to keep downloading and pray it completes

Now if you are using a incorrect region like us then it is the region lock

As most of these games arw actually region locked

Anything triple a is region locked

Bioshock has some senisitive issues you do not decide what laws apply to you

Sorry this didn't help.

Update

I moved the console to a different room and kept both remember me and mafia 2 in the download queue and enabled background download last nite. i checked it in morning, remember me didn't download  but mafia reached 75% and got downloaded after some time.

Not sure that background download resolved it or it because i was not using my console for playing while downloading. anyway i will try again with remember me and add it to download queue during my nite time and see if that gets downloaded tomorrow

also will try to move the console to the original location and see if it downloads witcher 2. the server should be busy since its been 3 month it was given as free.

Sorry this didn't help.

still remember me didnt download. i am really getting frustated...

Sorry this didn't help.

Just keep the screen active dont browse other games or play angamr just wait at the download screen

Sorry this didn't help.