unable to download games for windows purchase

I bought a game from the Xbox marketplace on my PC but was never given an opportunity to download the game. It shows as purchased in my transaction history, bank statement and confirmation email but in the games for windows client it says I've never bought anything. I can't find a download link for the life of me. I'm hoping this is something simple I'm just missing but I've chatted with over a dozen different ambassadors who were unable to help in any kind of way. Any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hmm, you might need to post in the GFWL Forums here, but let's take a look! forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx  To start with, which game is it?  If you go back to the purchasing page on the Marketplace, has the purchase button turned into a download button perhaps?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's Gears of War for PC. if I go back to the page where I originally bought the title its prompts be to buy it again. I've spoken with numerous xbox reps and as it stands right now they don't know what to do. They created a case number for me and advised I try and call back Monday morning. I thought would have the game beat by now but instead this is going on 4 days with no resolution in sight.

Any other suggestions are welcome though...

Sorry this didn't help.

Aaah, gotcha.  OK, we are not really Games of Windows support here, so I'd suggest either sticking with the phone agents or posting in those Forums I linked.  When you've been waiting so long already, I mostly want to get you to someone who will be able to figure this out ASAP.

Sorry this didn't help.