Unable to DL Tomb Raider - HELP!!

Hi,

New to Xbox here, we have purchased a holiday bundle for our son for Christmas and have tried to get it all set up tonight so on the big day he can plug and play.  We went through all the set up, and the final step was to download Tomb Raider which came with the Bundle as a code on a card that needed scratching off.

We put the code in and it said it was downloading but stuck at 0% and didn't do anything, then after about 5 minutes it just flicked off the download screen (no errors), and went to a screen that said "this download has been cancelled, to continue with the download go to ……." (I can't remember where it said to go!) we went to where it said to go but under the downloads there is nothing there, the game is not downloaded (or partially downloaded) anywhere.  We have tried to start the download again but now it is saying the code has been used!

What do we need to do, do we need to return the whole thing back to the store and get a new one (due to it being faulty).  It's a little worrying that when it is brand new out of the box it is having trouble downloading something. 

The Xbox is the E version and is the 250GB one. 

Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

Avenger,
  Not sure what happened to the download, but try checking your Download History by one of these two methods:

Download History from the Xbox 360 Console
1) Sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
2) Go to settings and select Account.
3) Select Download History.
4) Browse your download history and find the item you want to download again.
5) Select the item, and then select Download Again.

Download History from the Xbox.com Website
1) Go to https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history
2) Once signed in your should see any content you have tried to download
3) Find Tomb Raider and click Add to Queue.

The next time the Xbox is connected to Xbox Live it will be added to the Active Downloads queue, which is where I believe you were initially looking. Let us know if this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can access the download again from the download history on the console.  On the dashboard go to System>Accounts>Download History.  You should see Tomb Raider and can select Download Again on it.  If that doesn't work can you post the exact error message you get?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help so quickly!!

I'm pretty sure my husband was checking the download history and there was nothing there.  However I have followed step 2 as mentioned above and gone to my account on the computer and Tomb Raider was showing there with the Add To Queue option, so I have added it to the Queue.

When we next connect the Xbox up (we will try it again tomorrow night when the kids are asleep!) we will try and download it again from the Active Downloads!  I will let you know the outcome!

Thanks again for your help

Sorry this didn't help.