Unable to add a new payment method!!

First....I checked everything out and all my billing info matches and there are enough funds on the card I'm trying to use. I made one purchase a week or two ago and when I tried to make another purchase it would not go through. I removed the payment method and tried to re enter it and it keeps telling me that its an invalid credit card number no matter what card I try to use. I tried using Paypall and I get this message...

We cannot complete your request now, please try again later.
Message 40001

I am on a trial account if it matters. I was going to buy a gold membership but if this is happening already I might have second thoughts. I am new to the Xbox360 and I'm loving it but I want to be able to purchase add ons and games. Please help!!!

Anyone???

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you still having issues with this? Did you contact your bank to see if they put any holds on it for fraud protection or anything?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep. Still having issues. I called and talked to Microsoft customer service and they told me to call my bank. I can see that happening but why would that keep me from using any of my credit cards or paypal?? Did Microsoft lock me from all the other payment options because of an issue with my bank?? The customer service rep told me I could buy pre paid point cards and use them in the mean time. I could but why would I want to go out and buy them when I should be able to do it from my home computer or my Xbox?? Thanks for the reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Paypal 40001 error is a separate issue we are currently investigating and is just a bad coincidence. To clarify though, you are trying to add multiple cards and none work. Are they all from the same bank, or different banks?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

They are all from different banks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Given the fact that you were suddenly unable to purchase content and the fact that multiple different payment methods aren't working, I'm guessing you might have some kind of account issue. You would have to contact phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) and see if that is the case.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i cant even add 1 account. this is the first time i want to add a paypal to my account and getting the same error to

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 21 Applies to: