Unable to 'Re-Achieve' Missing Achievements

My current reference number is:  1194948792

My former reference number was: 1192672816

I owned an original Xbox 360 which I played exclusively offline.  It stopped working Fall 2012.  I opened a new Xbox 360 at the beginning of January and transferred the data from my old machine to my new machine.  It showed that I had a Gamerscore of 41,000+

With this new 360, I signed onto Xbox Live for the first time ever.  I noticed that my Gamerscore dipped to 37,000ish.  The achievements I lost were all related... they were the first achievements I had ever done.  While 3 games were completely wiped out (Call of Duty 2, College Hoops 2K6 and Oblivion), several games only lost some achievements (Top Spin 2, Gears of War, Hexic HD).  The achievements I lost on those games seemed to be some of the first achievements I got in those games while newer ones remained. 

The resolution to my first reference number was to play games again.  While it is disappointing to lose hundreds of achievement-based gaming hours, I did try this. 

My new situation is that I cannot 're-achieve' some of these achievements.  In Hexic HD, the 5,000 combo achievement either wasn't lost or re-popped when I entered a game; however, the 25 combo achievement refuses to budge.  I have tried deleting the game and re-downloading it (as well as doing that with my profile) to no avail. 

In Top Spin 2, I am unable to get the two achievements for defeating all of the male and female players in exhibition mode (have beaten them all in doubles and singles in a multitude of set lengths).  My guess is that since I already beat them before, I can't beat them for the first time again. 

While I haven't tried Gears of War again yet, I'm worried I may find the same problem here.  I have the achievements for completing all levels as Dominic and for collecting all of the COG tags; however, I do not have the achievements for collecting 1/3 or 2/3rd of the COG tags... or for completing 1 or 10 levels as Dominic.  I have the achievement for completing all Acts on Hardcore difficulty... but not for completing Act 1 on Hardcore difficulty. 

On Call of Duty 2, the game shows that I have completed every level on Veteran difficulty, yet the achievements are gone (have not tried re-achieving them yet). 

Is there any fix for getting these achievements... particularly the ones I have apparently passed the initial requirement (25 combos, beaten tennis players) and can't 'reset' the game to allow me to get it again?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you haven't done it yet, connect to live (if you aren't currently online) then delete your profile (profile only) then redownload it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All the achievements you are missing all have statistics that are saved to your gamer profile. The game looks at your profile and sees that these requirements to unlock the achievement have already completed and as a result does not sent the "signal" to the console to unlock the achievement. I've deal with this issue a few times in the past and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it as there is no way (not even re-downloading your profile) to make those stats reset themselves. As an achievement hunter myself i understand your pain and am very sorry to deliver this disparaging news. One thing that may be enlightening is that I believe now that you have beaten COD 2 on veteran all you have to do is beat one level on veteran and it should unlock beating the game on veteran. Don't quote me on that I believe it's one of the few games that will still trigger the "signal" to unlock previously attained achievements. Good luck bud.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Punkpaw6708,

I have a question for you.  After you transferred your profile to your new console, and "Joined Xbox LIVE" with it, were you prompted to download the profile to your console after?  If not, Jameser78 may be on to something with his 'profile download'  My only concern is that once you do that, it won't pop the Achievements, but it might give you the ability to earn them again.

Let us know if you have already done that, and we'll go from there. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Jameser78 and Mister Parks,

As mentioned above in my somewhat wordy post, I did already try deleting the profile and downloading it, with no positive effect. I tried the 25 combo achievement on Hexic immediately after doing this with no luck.

Isn't there a way Xbox can just pop the achievements for my profile?  It's clear that I achieved some of them based on having other achievements (you can't get the 5,000 combo achievement... which I have... without the 25 combo achievement). 

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no way support can pop the achievements for you.

It would require illegal modding to do that, and that would take you down a road you do not want to go down.

Sorry this didn't help.

You try to possbily go for another Achievment other then the ones that are missing in the game, cause something gets corrupt and when you get another one in the same game that you do not have the others may appear this happened to me one time.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have read that for some people with this same issue, clearing the cache seemed to work.  I'm having the same problem.  My account was hacked last summer and I'm missing some achievements that I got while I was offline.  Now I'm unable to re-achieve them.  I've tried clearing my cache but to no avail.  Hopefully this can be repaired.

Sorry this didn't help.

If some games were played at a point when you didn't have an internet connection or possibly xbox live at the time then the achievments could have been related directly to the xbox and not propperly synced with your account overall. When this happened to me I lost around 3300 gamerscore when I updated my account with xbox live once I re-connected it to the internet. They were still available for me to re-earn but my save games were current but my achievments were overrideen and replaced. I personally bit the bullet and skipped going back out of frustration. Hopefully they're still reletively stored somewhere for access but I unfortunately found no way of getting that score back. Good luck, and please post if you find something that works.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for continued ideas and thoughts!

snithel,

Hexic HD is the easiest case study for me on this since almost everyone has it (or can get it).  I don't have the 25 combos achievement anymore, but do the 5,000 combos achievement.  I tried deleting the game, clearing the cache, deleting the profile... restarting the xbox, re-downloading my profile, re-downloading the game... all to no avail.  In fact, when I went to play a Hexic game after doing this, it asked me if I wanted to continue my current game.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way within my means to delete this type of data from my xbox without deleting all files associated with the profile.  If anyone knows how to legally delete all files from an individual game so that I could start it fresh, let me know.

xKamiCosby,

Weird thing is that all 41,000 of my GamerScore points were earned offline.  Why were only 4,000 deleted after I went online for the first time?  The only thing I have been able to deduce is that, in my case, they were all of the oldest achievements I had accomplished... dating back to the first several months that the Xbox 360 was out.  All of my newer achievements, including some achievements on games that are now missing achievements (Gears of War) were not impacted by going onto Live.  I plan to backup all files in the future, but most people in my shoes don't learn that this problem exists (and don't think they need to backup their accomplishments) until it is too late... and then they end up here and on chats with Xbox staff.  Unfortunately, neither of those scenarios have fixed my problem or provided any form of compensation thus far for my problems and lost time.  If a fix isn't possible, I wish Microsoft would at least do something (credits that cost them nothing?) to show they value me as a customer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Punkpaw,

After trying the "clearing my cache" and "deleting my profile" methods to no avail, I finally thought to back up my HDD and delete my entire profile & items and re-download it.  That worked for me.  

Sorry this didn't help.