Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3!!

There's a lot of information on this site. Check it out guys.

www.eventhubs.com

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wait so it wont be a DLC but a whole new game on a disc? But i just got MvC3 like 3 months ago. hmmm I guess if i truly want it..like i probably will ill get it.  

So basically it has everything that MvC3 had except with more characters, maps, and a spectating mode?  Weird.

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

So basically it has everything that MvC3 had except with more characters, maps, and a spectating mode?  Weird.

[/quote]

No, it has everything that MVC3 should have had, but was purposefully left out by Capcom so they could justify a second release. Not that anyone who played MVC3 didn't see this coming.....you could tell that was the idea after playing MVC3 for 15 minutes. Word of advice, skip the first SFxTekken release.

I wish someone would have told me this when i asked about MvC3 dang it. Lol well i guess I could Sell MvC3. But i have the strategy guide for MvC3 great let me guess there will be one for Ultimate MvC3? Damn you Capcom.

I'm really disappointed by this announcement, another MvC game only 9 months after the other, in the same year.  I kinda see why they would want to release it in November, so as not to clash with SFxTekken due in March next year but the haters won't see it that way.  Not sure if I will buy this, the HUD looks awful, maybe a Christmas present for my son as he loves MvC3.

Agreed!

I FREAKIN' CALLED IT!!! I knew they would do this. I (and I think you as well) had already discussed how Capcon  was probably trying to pull this move on its fanbase... Again! They've done it numerous times, with the latest release being Street Fight IV ('Super' Street Fighter IV came later). Shame on them! I likely won't be getting the first Street Fighter X Tekken release as well, because they'll pull the same stunt.

Can I just ask for those of you that "saw this coming" why did you buy MvC3 in the first place?

[quote user="Malesoun"]

I'm really disappointed by this announcement, another MvC game only 9 months after the other, in the same year.  I kinda see why they would want to release it in November, so as not to clash with SFxTekken due in March next year but the haters won't see it that way.  Not sure if I will buy this, the HUD looks awful, maybe a Christmas present for my son as he loves MvC3.

[/quote]

When the rumors started flying heavy last week about UMVC3, I figured they would probably try a November Release to take a jab at the positive enthusiasm of King Of Fighters 13 coming out on Oct 25th. Wouldn't surprise me if they moved it up to the 25th and say "Aww shucks, we didn't know SNK had a game coming out".

"Online functionality improved"

That's the equivalent of a politician saying he's in it '"for the people" when coming from Capcom.

It came 11 years after MVC2, so I pre-ordered it in December expecting a bunch more characters to be included... turns out it wasn't the case from what I'd read. I then thought "well, at least there should be a whole ton of game modes and extras to play, since the last game I played was about half my life ago"... it felt logical. They had a lot of time to think things through, so logically Capcom was going to wow it's customers... but logic works in many ways, and this was not the case. They had all this time been planning to con everyone again. I thought that even some DLC would be included, etc... apparently, that wasn't in their plans (unless new skins, Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine would suffice). 

In sum: It's only AFTER people got the game and linked the lack of content to the situation that happened with Street Fighter IV/Super Street Fighter IV (I didn't see that one coming either as,again, it was about a decase since Street Fighter 3 came out) that they "saw this coming" with MVC3. It was too late as the waiting fanbase was ripe for the conning. This time a few of us are aware of what's going on.

What Argo said.

There a few hardcore fighters that were criticizing the games feature set before release, but the complaints were getting buried by "DLC character threads". I knew Spectator mode wasn't included in a non-completely idiotic manner and would kill the game's longevity for me, but I didn't figure the online would completely and total suck beyond all possible stretches of the imagination. CVS2 had better online back in 2002 than this trainwreck. I was seriously appalled at how much backjumping Capcom did from Super Street Fighter 4's template to arrive at this.

The only game less finished than MVC3 would be King Of Fighters 12, and SNK lacked a budget and a sizable team to pull the whole thing off. Blaz Blue's team is operating on a fraction of Capcom's budget, yet they have better netcode, and a ton of awesome features in game.

What's Capcom's excuse?

So are you guys who have MvC3 going to get UMvC3?