Ultimate Game Sale - prices don't match

Hi there.

I am on my dashboard and trying to purchase The Orange Box and Civilization Revolution both of which should be $9.99, but it is trying to charge me $19.99 for one and $29.99 for the other.  What is going on?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The problem is each game is priced differently in different regions, all those listed prices either from the major nelson website or other game sites are using US prices.  If your in let's say Canada like I am, the games could be set at a higher original price than the US version and thus our discounts are not as large and will be 10-20$ higher than the US price.  (Like our Fable 3 is listed at 59.99 on dashboard and US is 39.99, which is why the sale was 29.99 for CA and 19.99 for US, yesterday)

That being said, sometimes the sales don't start till noon GMT -5, and as a result the prices will stay the same till that time frame arrives and they bump the sale to  "ON"  mode.

Hope this helps to understand whats going on, and I do agree with an even dollar (if your Canadian) that sometimes these prices make no sense.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Civilization Revolution is normally $29.99 so it has nothing to do with regions having different prices.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm from mexico and in the morning prices were promotional games ($ 9.99 dollars) and at this time I wanted to buy the real prices are the games even more expensive than if you bought the original DVD

the page is bad because prices have to be smooth for everyone with the past games I had no problem, or maybe because it is Sunday not fix their systems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Likewise - I was about to purchase Fallout 3 which was listed at $4.99 on the landing page. But when I went to buy the game it was listed at $14.99. The exchange rate is not 300%, so I doubt it's a regional problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's why I wrote the second sentence as well, and it would appear somebody forgot to flip the on switch. Only Batman is listing at the price its suppose to while all the other games are 50-75% above the price its showing.  They seem to be focusing on the Gears of War Live event tonight and forgot about the Sale.

Sorry this didn't help.