UK Game Preorders

This is a question for people that regularly pre-order games and live in the Uk. Nobody else's opinion is welcome here, thank you.

which retailers do you use that you would recommend?

Do you always get your games on release day? Or even earlier for that matter?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I've only ever pre ordered one game and that was Fable 3.  That was from GAME.  Very rarely buy games on release for the simple reason they tend to drop in price quite quickly.  I also don't think pre order content justifies the extra out lay or the fact it binds you to one retailer.

Fable 3 LE was £10 cheaper 2 weeks after release, so i learned my lesson there.

[quote user="Dyslexic Parrot"]

I've only ever pre ordered one game and that was Fable 3.  That was from GAME.  Very rarely buy games on release for the simple reason they tend to drop in price quite quickly.  I also don't think pre order content justifies the extra out lay or the fact it binds you to one retailer.

Fable 3 LE was £10 cheaper 2 weeks after release, so i learned my lesson there.

[/quote]

i'm not so much interested in pre order content but more about ordering from a retailer i can trust to have my games delivered on the release dates.

in that case, ShopTo and Amazon have been prompt whenever I've ordered stuff from them.

GAME and Shopto normally send the game out early and I receive them a day or two early.

I've preordered Skyrim and Gears of War 3 in-store in Gamestation. Though I'm thinking of preordering from Amazon instead, as it's possible I won't be able to get to a Gamestation as often after September.

The last few games I preordered from Game all turned up a day or two early. Shopto have a very good reputation for sending titles out early too (and they are quite often the cheapest). I have used Amazon a ton of times (more than any other) and I have never received a game early from them.