UFC Undisputed 3 - Career mode currupt data

I've just started playing UFC Undisputed 3 and created a fighter to go through career mode and just as i click to start my first fight I get a message saying 'Failed to load CAF data NO.1 [My name]. The data may be corrupted and cannot be used'. I've also transfered the data onto another hard drive to see if that made a difference and had the same problem. I've checked my storage system for corrupt UFC files and there are none and I've also deleted all saved files and re-created a new fighter twice. Still having the same problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 76 Applies to:

I have the same problem. I've tried the same things but can not use CAF data.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that this is also happening to me ... and it's frustrating as balls.

First of all, I don't do forums, I simply found this post and another one of yours (i think) on UFC3's website.  I was searching for "Failed to load CAF UFC 3 glitch??"

Anyway, this isn't an answer, so much as it is a concurrence of occurrences.  Let me start by saying that I did successfully create and retire my 1st career CAF on the 1st go-around ... then I downloaded CAFs from LIVE.  I believe this is what made it happen to me ... did you by chance download any CAFs from LIVE??  Also, I have an OLD XBOX AND OLD HARD DRIVE ... one of the older white ones that were the 2nd gen with the HDMI output (manf in '09) ... do you have an older XBOX too??

So I retired my first CAF with ease; no issues with loading the save game, no issues with loading fights.  However, I was never able to "Save New."  When I did, it would NOT load the new save, and would give the same message you're getting.  When I loaded the orig, there were no problems.

I digress; back to downloaded CAFs.  I retired my dude, then downloaded some CAFs.  I could not load the CAFs to edit them, and would get the same message you're getting.  I said *** it, I'll just run another CAF through career mode 'cause it was hella fun! ... nope.  THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS YOU DESCRIBED; created, saved, trained, error msg trying to go into the 1st WFA fight.

I tried several times to create new CAFs in career mode, but to no avail.  I deleted ALL of the CAFs from LIVE.  I then tried keeping corrupt CAFs and using new slots, I tried deleting corrupt CAFs and using the same slot, I even tried deleting highlight reels (WHICH NEVER SAVE PROPERLY, BUT DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT!!), but nothing worked.  I gave up, powered the XBOX down, and went to bed ...  

Got home from work the next day and decided to try again (roughly 20 hrs later), and it worked!!  I dunno how or why, but it did!  I was able to run another CAF all the way through career mode in a number of days.

Now it's a week later, and I keep getting the same message when trying to create/load a career CAF.  I retired those 2 career CAFs, and I want to create another, but the same thing is happening!!  So frustrating ... soooo frustrating.  All I can do is apologize, and express my sympathy that you can't even get 1 CAF into career mode.  That's lame.

Lastly, THQ needs to monitor their forums.  I saw your post on 2/17, and I've also noticed their complete and udder disregard for our problems.  BS.  

Umm, hey, THQ? ... When you take 2 years to make UFC 4, you better make sure that the save/load features are golden ... nothing is more frustrating than putting hours into creating a fighter just to have him not load.  Also, we complained about replays as a community after the 1st & 2nd installments ... you guys really botched the highlight system.  All you had to do was look at the Skate franchise, or pretty much any mainstream sports game.  You had a great idea, but it needs more freedom, AND YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO SAVE IT!!  WHAT GOOD IS MINING GOLD, IF YOU CAN'T SHARE IT WITH THE TOWNSPEOPLE?!?!?  HUH, THQ?!?!  HUH?????

Peace-peace!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. First off, I haven't downloaded any CAF fighters & yes I am using an old xbox, almost ancient, one of the originial models that I had at the release of the 360.

As for the hard drives, I started off with a 12GB 05 model hard drive and thats when I found the problem & so I deleted all UFC related data from the 12GB hard drive thinking that may be the problem and transfered my data over onto the 120GB hard drive. switching the data over onto the new hard drive made no different at all even though I had started a fresh career on the new one.

I also tried deleting the saved replays but that had no affect, however it may be worth giving it a go again since deleting yours possibly temporarily solved the problem.

I did have the one time where for one fight, a fighter that I had created quickly to test if one of my possible fixes had worked was able to go thorugh the first WFA fight, but afterwards, the same message returned.

As for THQ's feedback & support efforts, its extremely dissapointing. I've even sent some developers on twitter the problem and they seem to have no issue answering stupid questions such as 'How do you uppercut', however when it comes down to the real questions they aren't interested.

Then we have the servers, but thats a whole 'nother post for another thread.

To sum it up, 'WTF IS THQ DOING?'.

Thanks for your help anyway, You've been much more helpful than THQ developers, thats for sure!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xDWPx LEIGHTON"]however when it comes down to the real questions they aren't interested.[/quote]

Probably because they haven't worked out the cause or solution yet. 

Go through all your UFC saved data and check for exclamation marks next to any entries. Keep any data that doesn't have exclamation marks and delete any that do (since they're corrupt). No guarantees if that'll fix your issue but chances are the game is falsely reporting the relevant data as corrupt.  

Sorry this didn't help.

'I've checked my storage system for corrupt UFC files and there are none...' (Original post) - Thanks for your advice however.

'Probably because they haven't worked out the cause or solution yet.' - This doesn't mean that they cant achknowledge the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.