Ubisoft thinks we need a new Assassins Creed every year.

Ubisoft Montreal boss Yannis Mallat does not think gamers are turned off by the idea of a new Assassin's Creed game every year.

"The players will tell us. Right now there are more and more coming into the franchise, so I don't see that day."

"It's our breakthrough. When you have quality content, the frequency of coming out with the game is not an issue at all."

"On the contrary, people expect more and more of that content. So it's natural to be able to provide that content. The gamers are happy and it's our job to make them happy."

Full story here.

www.eurogamer.net/.../2013-03-29-annualised-assassins-next-gen-and-ploughing-fields-the-boss-of-ubisoft-montreal

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh great.  So Assassin's Creed is going to turn into Call of Duty.

[quote user="Zen Like Calm"]

Oh great.  So Assassin's Creed is going to turn into Call of Duty.

[/quote]

Going to? There's been an AC game every year since 09. It already has turned into CoD.

and I will continue to not buy them until they hit $20 or less.

[quote user="Shigurui"]Going to? [/quote]

Yup. The Assassins Creed franchise will never see one red cent from me ever again.

Along with others...I don't and will not buy any AC games until they are dirt cheap.  Alas....I think we are in the minority though.

What happened to taking a long time to make a game for quality and content.  I mean....I know you can have different studios making the games, but it's sort of a "burned out thing" that I would be scared of.

And while you may have two different studios making the games, you have to wonder how much if those two years actually went to making the game. I mean you can bet the Season Pass content is already finished as well before it even releases and should have been part of the game to begin with. Microsoft has some pretty strict policies regarding DLC. I wouldn't doubt it if the Season Pass content wasn't already finished and tested before the pass was even available for purchase.

They already are working on the next Assasins (the one after Black Flag)

Y'all are definitely in the minority.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Yup. The Assassins Creed franchise will never see one red cent from me ever again.

[/quote]Never say never, :)