U-Verse won't change channels

I have ATT U-Verse, the xbox can turn my cable box on and off, it brings up the channel guide just fine, but when I go to choose a channel to watch it simply won't change from whatever channel its already on.  In addition to this it also makes my U-Verse remote input laggy for example typing in a 4 digit channel is near impossible because it won't enter the numbers fast enough and the cable box just changes to a 3 digit channel.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

I'm having the exact same issue. Everything seems to work perfectly, except for the channel changes. I would assume this something that will be addressed in the near future. I wouldn't start assuming the Kinect or Xbox is the culprit. The Xbox support team also is probably unaware of the issue and probably cant advise a good fix (they will probably just say something with the Kinect is broken, when that isn't truly the case). Just need more people to express this issue and maybe a patch or fix will be released.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey guys, what is the model of your uverse box? Some users have fixed this by getting a newer VIP box.

PM on Groove Music, formerly worked on OneGuide, TV, and Game Streaming on Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Motorola box doesn't work well. I changed the device to AT&T instead and it now changes channels and works well.

Sorry this didn't help.