U-Verse set top box - "Press OK to Watch TV" after "Xbox On"

First off, loving Xbox One so far. Everybody in the house has been very impressed with the media functionality and we spent basically the whole weekend playing Forza and Ryse.

There's one small issue with Live TV, which is the Xbox doesn't seem to have much luck turning on my Uverse receiver. This morning I came downstairs and said "Xbox On." The One powered up, noticed the TV wasn't on and fired that up for me. Great. I said "Watch CNN" and it went into the TV app. However I was met with the familiar blue "Press OK to Watch TV" that the Uverse box displays when it is not on.

Is this something Xbox will need to manually fix for Uverse receivers? Or is it simply a case of my receiver not being in range of the Kinect's IR blasting?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 96 Applies to:

I should add that manually turning on the Uverse receiver and then re-issuing the "Watch CNN" command worked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same issue but reentered my uverse box as the a Cisco and everything work as it should.

EricJilot

Sorry this didn't help.

Right like Eric said, I had problems with the Uverse box when it used At&t as the model.  I switched it to Cisco and chose ISB7000 and it started working.  I will note that I could not get it ever to work correctly with my DVR Uverse box (ISB7500) and swapped that one with the 7000 that was in my basement.  I also had to use an IR Transmitter because my receiver is inside a cabinet.

Sorry this didn't help.