TWC TV App for Xbox One?

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any plans for the TWC TV (Time Warner Cable TV) app coming to the Xbox One? I LOVE the app on my 360 and would LOVE it on my One so I don't have to switch over. I have my 360 hooked up to the cable box port on my ONE so I can still watch TV while I play, but it would be alot more convenient to have the app so I wouldn't have to switch controllers etc. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

Most the happen is slim due to LIVE TV featuer of XBOX ONE. Thought it could happen. I surpected they want paid for STB to connected to ur XBOX ONE to watch TV from them. But that might end up doing if dose not happen in 2015-2016. Because that around MS stop support the 360.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh well thats kinda dumb. They release the app so we dont HAVE to pay for cable boxes, then they release the xbox one and say oh you need to get a cable box again xD

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Oxy Mike"]

Oh well thats kinda dumb. They release the app so we dont HAVE to pay for cable boxes, then they release the xbox one and say oh you need to get a cable box again xD

[/quote]

Anything right now is just speculation, the Xbox One just came out a lot of developers have yet to start porting over apps and developing new ones. The Xbox team themselves have yet to finish porting over all the features from xbox 360. Just give TWC some time as well as any other apps. 

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="devGOD"]

[quote user="Oxy Mike"]

[/quote]

Anything right now is just speculation, the Xbox One just came out a lot of developers have yet to start porting over apps and developing new ones. The Xbox team themselves have yet to finish porting over all the features from xbox 360. Just give TWC some time as well as any other apps. 

[/quote]

I hope your right devGOD, I think you are though because they already made a Verizon Fios app for Xbox one :)

Sorry this didn't help.

It is utterly foolish to make it so that you have to have your cable box right next to the one....   If the cable box was right there I wouldn't need to use the Xbox.  I suppose since my whole families lives don't revolve around my Xbox time then I'm out of luck.  But lets look at what the TV feature does for me if I pay for another cable box.

1.) Voice Commands- Yes my laziness is worth that much that hitting buttons if just too much

2.) Can switch between Game Mode and TV...the input (or in my case HDMI button om my remote that I hits once or twice) is just redundant and worth the cost....

3.) I can turn on my cable box through my Xbox....Yea the pool is running dry, what else does it do.

Bottom line is it is a cool feature, but it inst cool enough to make it mandatory for live TV when 360 has apps that do.  Just make the TV Apps available and those single guys and gals that have their entire entertainment system all to themselves will love it, for the rest of us...  

Well when you take one step forward and one step back...your not improving...just moving around but not going anywhere.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Release TWC TV app on the xbox one  !!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I really hope they do release the TWC App for the Xbox One. couples with the plex app I'd be in heaven. thered be no reason to switch to any other hdmi port or anything. It would truly an All In One Entertainment Box.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, guys! You'll want to contact TWC to encourage them to create the app for us! That will be your best bet. For further feedback, head on over to our Feedback site!

Sorry this didn't help.