TV Won't Turn Off

I've enabled my XB1 to turn off my speaker, cable box, and tv when I say, "Xbox Turn Off." Everything turns off except for TV.

I've already set up my devices using the correct device model numbers. Anyone else having trouble? How do I fix it?

I have a Samsung UN55ES8000.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have the same problem.... When I say Xbox on (sometimes after 4 attempts) it turns TV on fine. But when I say Xbox turn off ..... it turns everything off apart from the TV? why?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Stembob,

Partial blockage is the most likely answer. If it turns on the TV 1 of 4x it may depend on where you are standing. The IR blast from the Kinect bounces off you and turns on the TV. If you are using a custom cabinet that partially blocks the IR receiver that is likely. If the Kinect is a bit hidden that could also be the root cause.

Admiral Rocco,

Be sure to check the same thing as recommended to Stembob. Also, try the auto config 'find it' during setup. Samsung tends to use the same IR codes for TV's (the generic IR codes should be fine for this (using auto)). Post back if this work or did not.

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.