TV signal lost glitch getting terrible

I purchased my xb1 on day one but it's not a day one edition. I hands always run into this problem but the hard reset always fixed it right up. About 2 weeks ago the trick stopped. There is no problem with the hdmi cable or my charter dvr box. I have tried multiple hdmi cords and this does not fix the issue.

I have cancer and am in round 3 of chemotherapy.  Using the voice commands is very nice for when I can't open my eyes or move to find the remotes. Chemo is very tough on me. Having to screw with this $500 top of the line electronic every day for 20 minutes before it starts working properly is really taking its toll on me and I'm just getting too frustrated. What's the fix for this issue? Is it a bad hdmi input on the xb1?

Thanks for any help, 

Ryan

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

Gold member for 10 years. Not happy about how this is going at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Glock4569!

Sorry to hear about the TV issue you've been experiencing lately. Are you receiving any error codes when this issue occurs?

If you haven't already, try our OneGuide Troubleshooter out and let us know if the issue persists.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this issue too.  I have an X1 Comcast box.  I got my XB1 back in April.  This issue only started for me after the dashboard update.  

There is no specific "it happens every ____", it just happens.  What I've found to fix it (and this is going to sound dumb, but it's the only thing I've consistently found to work.  Hard resetting the cable box only got me to the "We're setting up your cable box" screen until it freezes again.  Power cycling the XB1 also did not work for me) is to unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box to the XB1 and then plug it in to a different input on the TV and then (this is important) to actually change the input to the input the cable box is in (this is also how I figured out it wasn't my box and it was instead my XB1).  Then, plug the cable back into the XB1, and then switch the input on the TV back to the XB1.   Sometimes it takes a cycle or two of doing that and for the TV to stay on the non-XB1 input for a little bit.  

Not sure why...but it just works that way.

And for the love of god get this fixed.  The troubleshooter did not help at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey SlmJimy311!

Sorry to hear you're also have trouble with this. If you're in the Xbox One Update Preview be sure to head on over to the Preview Forums. You should have access :) While in the preview any issues that pop should be reported both from the Preview App on the console and through those forums.

If you have any issues accessing that forum let us know.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've posted it on there as well. I've reported the problem multiple times via the Xbox and still, a month later and we have 0 solutions.

Sorry this didn't help.