TV Question. suggestions appreciated.

Ok, so for the past 5 years or so I have had a 27" Ilo (huge brand!) SDTV. It only accepts normal RCA jacks for gaming. Now as I have cooed with this, and quite well I may add, my TV is starting to show green rings of color after a few hours of use. I've been in the market for a little while.

Here are my guidelines:
-My viewing distance is between 4-7 feet.
-It's a darker room as far as lighting goes.
-my price range stops at $550
-store must be Best Buy as I have 2 GC for there to use.
-TV only has cable and 360 connected, no need for blue ray or the such.
- 32-37" size as my viewing distance is/will never be too far from TV.

So what TV out there will be my best option from a gaming standpoint? So far I have heard Samsung or Sharp. Heard Sony doesn't have good black levels and LG lacks response times. Opinions and suggestions much appreciated. -P.S. - I'm asking in this forum because this TV will pretty much be used for Battlefield only for a while and is the first game with such graphical capabilities. CoD fanboys need not reply.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well I was willing to help until I read that last line.  

I don't see cod on your list at all? I basically meant I don't need some fan boy telling me no matter the tv the graphic suck and blah, blah, blah. I just want mature answers on an honest question.

Go to BestBuy.com and look at TVs and set the search filter on the left to match what you are looking for.

P.s.- how is Noire? Slow? Fun? Auditing? Basic? Innovative.

I sit about 8 ft away from a 55" LED tv . and its amazing!! forget them portable small Tvs ! why wouldnt you take advice about a TV from a COD player?

check out vizio from walmart, seriously pretty sweet tvs, and wait for the big black friday rush always great tv deals.

I was thinking about waiting for black Friday, but the suspense is killing me lol. I went to the site, I'm looking for personal experience, gaming needs a different style tv than say one used specifically for tv and movies.

Samsung has a 37" model or  two that will fit your vetting criteria--sold at Best Buy. I would (JUST IMO) avoid Sharp. But I have heard good things about Vizio as well. Just sayin...Good Luck!

What's you stance on sharp for?

Also if you could wait until "Black Friday" I would totally be about a ginormous LED beast. I have great gaming experience w/ mine, but can totally understand not waiting too. lol