TV on your 360....

So I heard theres a patch coming out that will allow you to watch TV through your 360.  Anyone know any more about this and when it's coming out?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Later this year. ( Fall if ya in the states) But you already need or have to signup to a cable, satellite company.

I`ll not be bothering seen as i already have multi room Sky TV.

We have foxtel but they want an additional 20 bucks to view what I'm already paying for! What a rip off. I could get an additional foxtel box for less money.

i'd be happy just getting BBC iplayer.  About the only thing i use my PS3 for nowadays.  

You'll need to pay extra for it anyway or they might implement the rumoured Xbox LIVE Platinum subscription.

A platinum subscription?  That really would be taking the ****.  Though, to be fair, many people would pay MS if they offered them an annual $20 subscription for fresh air, so nothing really surprises me when it comes to companies milking everyone for their last dime.

Its not something I need tbh. I just switch the AV button, as I already have multi room cable.  I can see it being popular for Sports and big events, for people that dont though.  I do get movies through my Xbox though, from time to time.

EDIT @ JaggyTT.  If you already need or have to subscribe to a cable company, why would you watch it through your Xbox?  Unless, you only have it in one room I guess?

The town I live in is lets say very goody good Christians and limits what the Cable provider can provide. I would get satellite but I live in an apartment complex that does not allow them. So I am interested to see how good this will be and what channels or shows will be available.

[quote user="Covert Affairs"]

The town I live in is lets say very goody good Christians and limits what the Cable provider can provide. I would get satellite but I live in an apartment complex that does not allow them. So I am interested to see how good this will be and what channels or shows will be available.

[/quote]

I have never heard of that before. Your town, limits what cable you have? Why cant you make your own decision?

Their reasoning they know whats best for us. They tell you if you don't like it get satellite but my landlord won't allow satellites to be installed so its a loose loose for me. I have Hulu and Netflix but neither is good for some of the shows I like. The landlord is nice enough to give us free cable though even with its limited amount of networks. I keep hoping that AT&T will bring their U-verse package into town not just for their cable but Internet aswell. I pay top dollar for cheapy barely Broadband DSL. I'm lucky if I get 1.5DL and .5UL

How strange!  To me, here in the UK anyway.  Is it like the local town council or something? What country are you in Covert?  Again, I have never heard of religion dictating what people can or cannot watch on TV, in the western world anyhow.