Tv app audio stopped working, internets don't fail me now

I have had the xbox one for awhile and for the first two weeks I was in next gen heaven. For the last week and a half I have had no luck with the tv app and audio. The weird thing (other then the audio working then magically stopping) is audio for everything like games and netflix work 100% of the time. After spending time troubleshooting anything the internet can shot my way I still have nothing to show. This includes different hdmi cords, power resets, cablebox options, xboxone sound options. The cable box works when directly connected to the tv too. I have comcast cable and a samsung tv. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the xbox one hdmi in port is faulty. I love my xbox one but this is making tv through the device absolutely unusable. Tl:dr my one worked with my cable box for a week and now they don't like each other. Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I have Comcast as well with the X1 platform. When I was having problems I used the C1982 code for my cable box to allow my Xbox One to work with my X1 platform buddy box. It's been working flawless since then and I have a day one lunch console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Max extreme thanks for the response   Are you saying you changed your device Id for the cable box to that or is that an ir blaster code. My xbox doesn't have any problems communicating with the cable box other then the audio. I can say "xbox watch espn" and it changes the cable box channel to espn. The comcast box I'm using is an rng110.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is very odd. Nolti, you changed HDMI cables, I know older HDMI cables (1.1) don't have audio pins. The other thing is what is you layout, to and from the Xbox One?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a bunch of hdmi cables and tried all cables in different slots. I even tried different ends of the cable. ( I ve had this problem for awhile so I have tried everything I can think of). Plus since I once had audio I know they aren't 1.1 cables. I have a onkyo receiver but I cut it out of the set up to trouble shoot. So as of right now it is cable box hdmi to the xbox one in and xbox one out to the tv.  Simple normal set up. Have audio settings to hdmi uncompressed on the xbox. I'm at a loss but I really appreciate the help. I've also messed with the cable box settings but since that works when going straight into the tv I'm not convinced that's the issue. I also have the settings for the one and the tv to 720 because I was told that can cause issues at 1080 but still nothing

Sorry this didn't help.

You did a great job thus far, Nolti. Did you try:

1. Remove Native mode

2. Try changing RGB settings.

3. If the RGN110 has pass-through mode?

Let me know. I hope this helps -Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this exact problem. TV was working fine for months then one day no sound and a jumpy picture.

I managed to fix it just this second by fully shutting down (hold the power button for 8 seconds) the Xbox and starting it up again.

Now the TV is fine.

I can't figure out what went wrong or how it got fixed.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, SyBorg88! Thanks so much for posting up what worked for you. This thread is over a year old, and the original poster may have already sorted this out. I suggest heading over to more recent threads to see if you are able to help out those users with your knowledge! We love seeing you guys help out your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more posts from you. :D

Sorry this didn't help.