Turn your beacon off

If you're not going to play the game you set the beacon for turn it off. I hate when it says one of my friends want to play Halo Reach but there on MW3 of BF3 the whole day.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ehh it doesn't bother me much at all. just disable notifications and be on your way. that is all.

I think the only time the beacon appears is when you start to play the game or a friend has the same beacon

I agree. I get the beacons sometimes when I get on the dashboard for Mw3 like wtf? And seriously I have friends that set beacons the first day beacons were set up and it will pop up when I turn on the game saying they want to play, yet they aren't even online and haven't even had an xbox for like 2 months, or are on entirely different games. It wouldn't be as annoying it they didn't pop up randomly in the middle of a game. Or if they didn't exist for games ppl can't even play together -_-' The beacons are just dumb. When me an my friends want to play together we just send invites the beacons were a complete flop, they need to be scrapped or fixed. Its hard to ignore something that for some reason wants to pop up randomly lol. And I don't feel I should have to turn off my notification entirely for one thing. Then I don't see when I get party invites, its a bit of a fail. Maybe make it to where we can choose which notifications we keep and which we ignore? like I would love not seeing when every single friend logs on. Especially when it repeats it every time they change a game. I think the whole social system needs a revamp/update.

Beacons somewhat annoy me, but only when I press the X-guide to go to messages or my friends list or something like that and a beacon pops up that exact moment. :P

Anyway, here's what you do buddy: Message the person and tell them to turn the f*cking beacon off. Jk, but seriously though. Just ask them why they got the beacon up when they don't even play the game. Maybe they just forgot about it.

[quote user="Kailuron"]

Maybe make it to where we can choose which notifications we keep and which we ignore? [/quote]

I really like that idea. It would be ace if they could update it that way.

Disable notifications using the console settings...(preferences)

Alessio

Why wouldn't you tell this specifically to the people on your friends list rather than a whole bunch of strangers on a forum? Do you expect to see results from posting this?

Hmmmmm i have never noticed the beacons messages pop up while im actually in a game but then again like the guy above me said im on Reach most of the time playing slayer so i prob don't even see it lol

well, maybe they have no one to play it with, have you snet them game invites?

also, you can turn notifications off ;)

yeah, cause I have you on my FL and it bothers you that I have like 3 beacons and am currently playing a different game right?