Turians

Out of all the world's we will be visiting  I think I am looking forward to Palavin(sp?)  the most, so far the Turians have been one of the most high profile and visible races in the series but outside of politics/military matters we really havn't seen them fleshed out as much as the Asari, Quarians, and Krogan.  In ME 1 Tali, Liara, and Wrex were all willing to talk about their people in depth and in ME 2 these races were fleshed out even more when we visited Ilium, Tuchanka, and the Migrant Fleet.  Garrus however didn't talk about being Turian all that much in either game sure he talked alot about his time with C-Sec and in ME 2 he mentions how differerent a high risk operation is on a Turian in comparison to how it is handled on a Human ship but other than mentioning that he doesn't think he makes a good Turian (half jokingly) he doesn't talk about being Turian all that much.  Considering that the Turians were the first species Humanity came in contact with and it almost escalated into full scale war until the council stepped in.  Since then in many ways they have been both important allies and at times contentious rivals, and depending what happened at the end of ME 1 regarding the fate of the council they either become closer allies or bigger rivals.  In ME 1 the main antagonist was a rogue Turian spectre but we pursued him in a vessel that was codeveloped by the alliance and the Turians.  I hope in ME 3 we get to explore aspects of their culture and we can hear their perspective on the first contact war (we have mainly heard the human perspective on it at this point).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hate topping threads but comeon people how can the damn thermal clips thread have so many responses but this thread have only one?  One of the most important species in the series is way more interesting than some damn gameplay mechanic.

[quote user="Darth Malice113"]

C-sec officer Chelick seemed reasonable to me. Not to mention Nihlus and even Captain Gavorn( He just hated Vorcha).

[/quote]

Don't forget Lilihierax, one of the greatest unsung NPCs.

[quote user="Captain Beretta"]

[quote user="Arkham99"]

so the prospect of visiting the Turian homeworld is very possible...:-)

[/quote]They have already confirmed it.

[/quote]

True. So many places will be covered that I was desperate to see. Earth, Mars, Palaven.

I hope we see Thessia as well, I know we have Illium, but Thessia would be cool. Id like to see Mindoir and Shanxi too.   Not forgetting the Great Rift Valley on Klendagon. I could go on forever lol

[quote user="ladyvader"]

Me personally, I can't wait to see Thessia.  F' the turians.

[/quote]

That made me laugh..

[quote user="Arkham99"]

so the prospect of visiting the Turian homeworld is very possible...:-)

[/quote]They have already confirmed it.

Why the need to separate gameplay and story/setting?  Mass Effect 3 should not be segmented.

If people want to legitimately discuss the pros/cons of the thermal clip system, which we did for the most part in my thread apart from some ridiculous banter, then so be it.  I don't see why there's some need for a "competition" between threads or why one should be more popular than another because of how many posts it gets, if people want to talk about one thing instead of another then that's just how it is.

Gameplay mechanics are just as important as the overall story and setting of Mass Effect, if you didn't have core gameplay mechanics the game itself would not nearly be as interesting as it could be.

I do hope that in Mass Effect 3 when we visit Palavan, or the moon orbiting Palavan to be precise, offers a great glimpse into the Turian culture that as of yet we haven't fully seen the potential of. We've mainly seen the Turians in a major supporting role for the defense of the galaxy, so like the rest of the species, the Asari, Krogan, Drell, and even Geth, there's I'm sure much to be discovered when we do finally traverse to their homeworld to settle a "dispute" as is the case with how the story for ME 3 is setting up.

[quote user="KaroinPHX09"]

I hate topping threads but comeon people how can the damn thermal clips thread have so many responses but this thread have only one?  One of the most important species in the series is way more interesting than some damn gameplay mechanic.

[/quote]

Lol.....Half the "Thermal Clip" thread has been arguments or discussions about which is better the Zune or the iPod. I wouldn't mind being able to visit the homeworld of the Turians though. I see it being very uniform and militaristic.

I would honestly disagree. I think a crucial gameplay mechanic that affects every single fire fight you put yourself in would be at least as important as the Turian homeworld.

It's apples and oranges, though.

I am really looking forward to Palavin too. Garrus is my 2nd favorite character and i can't wait to see how the turians live and what their environment looks like. I am pretty much super excited about ME3, haha. I can kind of see it as being very noble like.They'll also probably have a lot of bars. From what i've seen Turians like to drink, haha.

Me personally, I can't wait to see Thessia.  F' the turians.  The only cool one is Garrus, the others seem almost as bad as the batarians when it comes to hating on humans.