TUGs vs MAV

I was just wondering if there is any advantage to selecting the tugs over the mav.  As far as I can tell, if you just put the mav down somewhere it acts just like the tugs, yet is obviously mush more versatile - take a place of cover and you can spot the whole enemy team, even kill a few of them (yes I do kill the odd player with the mav, but overwhelmingly I use it to spot, or sometimes as a motion sensor).

Does anyone prefer the tugs? Why?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: [very nervous] Lord, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper: [somewhat embarassed] Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.

General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

Step into their motion area then immediately double back out. Sit and wait.. you'll see the refuse of BF ooze out of their hiding spot soon enough. they totally freak out and go berserk if anyone trips their motion sensors

Tactical Unattended Ground Sensor- Great for ensuring you don't get surprised by enemies nearby, and can be placed to better fortify a tactical/key position.

-

Mobile Air Vehicle- Covers more of the field, destroys equipment, distracts the enemy, good for knocking out an enemy that's causing issues for the team, etc.

I like to have TUGS but not in Battlefield.For Battlefield would be the SOFLAM > everything else.Or just be a more useful class?

I have started using the tugs. Place it down while capping, pick it after, and relocate. Works pretty well.

T-ugs is smaller. kinda harder to find for the enemy. although u can fly the mav somewhere out of reach. dunno if there is any difference in radius or whatever but id think mav is way to go unless u want an easy deploy when ur rushing or something that the enemy wont see immediately and destroy. meh

Both are for noobs. It makes no difference

Sure, agreed. but I like figuring ways around these turds so I can knife them .

How is it an issue anyway? I really never get any problems with T-UGS or MAV, you might get annoyed once or twice by the MAV, but the motion sensor means squat to me. Don't care about it. ^^

this vs. this.....doesn't look like an even fight to me.....kinda one sided