Trying to teach a non gamer how to play CoD.

My roomate doesn't really play games anymore.  He will play old classics like Super Mario World every once and awhile but that is the end of his experience.  I play fast and reckless and know my playstyle would not work for him.  Im wondering what ways I can teach him.  Should I show him some of my gameplays explaining why I do things even though I doubt he'll be able to do it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Im just trying to get him up to the average CoD players ability before he gets frustrated and quits.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Try combat training, put the difficulty on recruit and have a few games on that.

^^good suggestion.....show him the ropes in combat training before releasing him to the sharks.  

Single Player missions tend to work if you want him to understand the controls.

Already got him playing Combat training and he even plays online with me as a guest from time to time.  He hasn't improved at all.  Im trying to get him to play through the single player, but not sure if he has started.  

The more I think about it the more I think the size of the TV has something to do with it.  I play on a 50' and that might be too big for him to see everything as I see things while he plays that he doesn't.  Might hook up a smaller TV and see if that helps.

Smaller TV may help.

Change the sensitivity.

Change the control layout (normal, tactical ...etc)

Also try using one of the full automatic weapons.

Oh trust me I set him up with the "noobiest" setups I could think of and the only gun he seems somewhat competent with is the Stoner.  I haven't tried changing the layouts for him.  Will have to try that.

There are so many styles to play in COD, it's almost redundant to teach him how to play.  Instead, I would explain the fundamental concepts of every game mode, and let him decide which interests him.   Only after that will he actually begin learning from the game.  

Tell him he can't eat until he learns to play. He will learn fast.

Put him on "Sticks and Stones" and tell him every time he gets tomahawked, he has to take a shot of Seagram's Seven.  

@adrunkcanadian, yeah i went there.

[quote user="XxD3ltaBravoxX"]

Put him on "Sticks and Stones" and tell him every time he gets tomahawked, he has to take a shot of Seagram's Seven.  

@adrunkcanadian, yeah i went there.

[/quote]

I havent had a drink in over 10 years .... but to this day I dont understand the concept of games where drinking is a form of punishment.

Who would even try to win? I'd have been like stalking the best guy with the tomahawk so I could jump up and down in front of him.