Trying to figure out the Halo 4 Map Pass

I am going to get the Halo 4 maps for my boys, but I'm a bit confused about this War Games Map Pass.  When looking at an advertisement for the Crimson Pack, it says

" Players who purchase the Halo 4 War Games Map Pass will receive access to all three map packs as they become available in December, February and April at a 15 percent savings versus purchasing them individually based on ESRP."

This sounds like purchasing the Map Pass will just give me a 15% discount on purchasing the Map Packs later.  Is this the case, or do I purchase the full Map Pass (2,000 MS Points) and get the different Map Packs without extra cost when they come out?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can buy the map pass from "add ons" in the game section on the dashboard.Then just download the maps from the in game menu.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know the total cost will only be 2000 MS Points.  I take it I shouldn't bother buying the Map Pass online, then, even if I download the maps through the game?  I don't remember seeing an in-game store to buy the Map Pass through, but then I wasn't really looking for it very hard at the time, as I joined one of my boys on a Spartan Ops mission.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, the pass basically means you will pay the 2000 points for the pass which when the maps are released (the first one as you said is already out) you will be able to start up the game. on the main menu go to Downloadable content and the maps should be there to download for free.

If you were to pay for the maps individually then you would end up spending 3600 points so its a good saving.

as others have said. buy from in the game not from the dashboard

Sorry this didn't help.

If you buy the War games pass for 2000 msp you don't need to pay anything else for the maps.Your paying for the maps up front at a discount.

Just remember that you MUST download the maps from the in game menu when they are available,NOT the xbox dashboard or you will be charged again.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is still a charge for the map packs, but there's a discount, and I'm not sure but I think you need to use the in game marketplace connection for the discount to apply, once you have the pass.

Sorry this didn't help.