Trouble

EVERYTIME I go to play modern warfare 2 it says that "your current profile is not allowed to play on XBOX LIVE". I have a gold membership and it still doesnnt work. Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

First, make sure you are using the profile with the gold account activated on it.  Sometimes, if you are on a console that has multiple users, you could possibly be using someone else's because maybe they didn't sign off the last time they played and you took over.

If that didn't solve the issue, make sure your Xbox Gold account hasn't run out of time.  If you have a recurring payment method, make sure your credit source isn't invalid.

Another thing you might want to make sure of is whether you have had any infractions against your username for cheating in a call of duty game.  I'm not sure what the screen would say since I've never seen it, but if you use bots or cheat in an online game, sometimes the company will ban you from playing.  If that is not the case, ignore this suggestion.

Finally, if all else fails, try putting in a help ticket with Microsoft support to see if they can see any irregularities on your account.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I am using the correct profile I have payed for my gold membership today and i have never used cheats or mods.

Thanks for the suggestions I think I'll just try the Microsoft, since I've never used it though can you show me how

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! Have you also turned on Auto Renewal? To check, scroll up to My Account, then check under the XBOX Live box to see if Auto Renewal is on.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is on...

Sorry this didn't help.

It works now thanks for all your help :D

Sorry this didn't help.