Trouble with Game Marketplace D:

A few days ago I purchased a couple of games from the Game Marketplace and sometimes being invited time after time by your friends gets a bit annoying. So I usually just play offline when I don't feel in the mood to play with them. But with the games that I purchased, although they are single-player games, I actually NEED to be connected to Xbox Live. I'm not quite sure if there was something wrong with my download or if this is another one of Microsoft's "genius" ideas... Can someone help me out here?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your situation.

But, have you tried changing your Online Status to Appear Offline:

Online status

When you are signed in to your Xbox LIVE-enabled profile, you can change your "presence" or “online status" information. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox Guide button to display the Xbox Guide.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Preferences.
  4. Select Online Status.
  5. To set how you appear to other players when you are online, select one of the following options:
    • Away
    • Busy
    • Appear Offline

This will allow you to have all the online functionality but without allowing anyone to ask to join your game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you had a different Xbox 360 or do you have multiple consoles in your home?

If so, try transferring the licenses to your console - support.xbox.com/.../download-content

You tend to find you need to be online to play your content if the license is assigned to another console you once owned or have in your house hold.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried going offline but my friends are really stubborn so they will usually just invite me until I join.

Sorry this didn't help.

one question do you sign in then set it to off line if so that may be your problem with your friends you could turn off auto sign in on your xbox so before you sign in you can set your preferences to off line then sign in ( wont pop up as online to your friends ), you can also set your profile to hide the online appearance ( showing you off line all the time )

Sorry this didn't help.