Trouble with downloading & playing on 2 accounts.

So today, I bought Borderlands, and downloaded it from the Marketplace on my account. My boyfriend wanted to play it as well, and its giving him an error saying something like he can't play it because he didn't purchase it. Um. What? We can play MW2 just fine on our 2 consoles on 2 separate accounts when only 1 of us bought it. We live in the same house. If we had the disk, it wouldn't be giving him this error. Is there a way either 1. He can play on his own account without having to buy the game again, cuz technically he did give me the money to buy it, or 2. I can get my money back, cuz I'll buy the actual game instead of saving it to my hard drive. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

how dlc works

dlc is assigned to the purchasing gamertag and the purchasing console

ok only the purchasing gamertag can use the DLC portabliliy on any console as long as it is connected to LIVE at all times

any other profile must be on the purchasing console or have the purchasing gamertag signed in on the other console where the profile is thats how dlc works

so if you purchased the mw 2 content on his console but you recover your gamertag on yours then you have no issues as long as your gamertag remains connected to live

however if his profile was the one purchasing the content but he purchased it on your console it works the same as your gamertag is on the same purchasing console but he must remain connected to live

for your case if you purchased borderlands on your account and your console that means that he must be on your console to use the content

the only way he can use it is if you remain connected to live on his console signed into the game

there is  no refunds DLC is set the way its set to prevent unlimited copying and piracy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.