Trouble Downloading

So, I recently tried downloading a compatibility pack for the game Borderlands 2. Part way through the download, I lost connection to xbox live. Since then, I can NOT get the thing to download. It has given me a variety of reasons, one of which apparently being "your credit card info couldn't be retrieved. Buy this item with money in your Microsoft account or try again later". Firstly, my credit card worked for another purchase I made shortly after this error began, and secondly, the compatibility pack is free. So I'm not sure what's going on here. I've cleared my cache, deleted the partially downloaded pack, tried a license transfer, tried downloading from settings > account > downloads, tried again from in game (both ways), and I'm STILL getting this error. Anyone know a fix?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Sol!

I'm sorry to hear about the download issues. Let's see what we can do to get this sorted.

To start things off, let's try a combination of what you've already tried, but in a very specific order:

• Head over to commerce.microsoft.com and ensure that all of your billing information is valid and up to date.
  • Go to Settings > System > Storage, find any partial downloads or corrupt downloads (which are marked by a yellow !) of the DLC and delete them.
  • Clear your system cache 3 times in a row. I know it sounds weird, but 3 times in a row can help clear out stubborn issues like this.
  • Restart your console.
  • Download the DLC again from your Download History.

Let us know how that goes and we'll work with you from there! ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

wrong answer want to know about trouble downloading compatibility pack 3 for destiny

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there RemovableTie28,

This thread is almost 2 years old. I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried. This way you can receive support catered to you from our community. Thanks so much!

Sorry this didn't help.