Trouble downloading "Psychonauts" (Xbox original)

Recently purchased Pychonauts but I have not succeeded in getting it to play.  I keep getting the error message "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."  Did this twice, receiving the same error message each time.  Searched around the forum a bit and it was suggested to clear my cache and try again.  Did this, and still get the same error message.  Any ideas mods?

SkidMarkie

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I'm having the same problem with Psychonauts as well as Metal Arms. I've talked to 3 different people from support for at least 4 hours and have tried numerous suggested fixes and nothing has worked. I'm not impressed and don't think that I'll be purchasing from the Marketplace again. So much for 6 years of faithful patronage. Thankfully, I have a PS3 as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I called twice regarding this issue and every fix, which included redownloading the game that takes hours to do, did not work.  I got fed up and purchased the original Psychonauts for Xbox, excitedly put it into my 360 and nothing.  I get the error "The game couldn't start.  Try downloading the game again".  It's a disc, why would I need to download it again?

I cleared the cache and restarted as well.  I just want to play my favorite game ever.  After purchasing it through marketplace forever ago and even buying the original disc, and countless hours on the phone with support, I don't know what to do.

$40 bucks total and I haven't even seen a title screen.  Please help me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.