trouble adding editing or removing payment options

i have recently purchased a new xbox transferred all my information from my previous xbox but my billing information reverted back to a few years ago after transfered. i have been talking and or chatting with a Representative of xbox live support for 4 hours and unsure if problem is resolved. both people i spoke with were very helpful. My problem is that this problem came up while i was trying to download an item of the day game dead island for $10.00 +tax the game is now 19.99. i was planning on buying the game for the sale price but could not due to some glitch so will you honor the sale price or reimburse me for the purchase price. Right now the only way i can purchase anything is through microsoft points cards that you buy from retail stores i cannot update any of my account information to be able to purchase anything from my console!!!

case number 1198721858

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey CutN69, have you tried adding new payment information on the website through commerce.microsoft.com? If not, I would try that and see what happens. As to cancelling old information, if that old card is tied into your current Gold subscription then you need to wait until the subscription runs out to disconnect that card from your account. You should however be able to add new cards and select them as the active payment method by going to the site I mentioned. Let us know!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.