Transferring media to new X360 while keeping it on old X360

Good Afternoon,

I am not sure what forum this question belongs to. I have several games and movies downloaded to my X360. I am planning on giving away my X360 away to a family member and buying a new one. My goal is to be able to transfer my games and movies on my new X360 while leaving a copy of the games (and movies if possible) on the old X360. Is that possible?

1. Can I keep my games (and movies) on two X360?

2. If yes, can I still keep my games (and movies) on the original X360 even though I removed my gamertag and deleted my profile from the console?

3. Can I just redownload the games and movies to the new X360 after I log in to Xbox Live with my gamertag or do I have to use license transfer?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

1) You probably won't be able to use both on 2 diferent consoles as you need the account to be on both consoles and connecting to Xbox live will sever the connection to the first one making you redownload it. You might still be ale to get them working if you keep the first console offline.

2) As above, you ill need to keep the profile that owns the content on the console.

3) You can just redownload your games to your new console via your purchase history if you don't want to move them. A licence transfer is used to move your licences to the new console which allows offline use and use by any other accounts on that console. However, content on other consoles will only allow the owner of the content use it and only while connected to Xbox live.

Hope that ansers it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.