Transferring Licenses roadblock. Hairy situation. Details inside.

Ok let me try to explain this in the smallest amount of words. Basically, my brother had an xbox he purchased a lot (A LOT) of content on. Well he moved in with me and I just bought a new slim and so we decided we'd share mine and get rid of his. Well he deleted his gamer profile of the xbox in anticipation of selling it (he's a moron) and figured he'd recover it later. Problem is, when we go to do it, the email associated with it doesn't work. It's been deleted. He's gotten over the fact that he'll probably never see his achievements again, but we'd like to still get the content off that xbox. As of right now, we have both the xboxes, and all the information neccesary to prove it's our account; email associated wityh gamertag, password for gamertag, gamertag name (if it stil exists in cyber space). How do we proceed from here? Should I contact microsoft and see if they can assign a new email to the gamertag or manually transfer the licenses?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If the email has been completely deleted and not just deactivated then you could try recreating it if it were an account from a free provider. Simply go to their site and create an account with the same name as your old email address. This is something I had to do when the Hotmail email connected to my sister's account was deleted due to in activity.

Also if you do have all the other account information then you could try giving Support a call (find the number for your region on this page http://support.xbox.com/call-us) and they should be able to help you gain access to the account again. Make sure when calling to have the old email address to hand.

Hopefully this will let you get the account back. If not then you've pretty much lost all that old content. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did that work fire you votedc? Beast that sound like it's solve my problem however I on another site i saw a microsoft repressive say that creating the same email won't fox it and well mckee things even more confusing. Can I get an official word on this anyone?

Sorry this didn't help.

Worked for me and my sister so it is worth a shot. If not then try phoning support as mentioned.

Sorry this didn't help.