Transferring Gamertag to another Microsoft Account WITHOUT using xbox 360


I am forced to use an xbox account to play a certain game (Gigantic) on PC. A few years ago I used to play on xbox 360 and signed up back then with a gamertag/nickname that I use pretty much everywhere. I haven't used the account it's linked to for years.

I want to play Gigantic and I'd like to do so with my current MS account because I use it for Windows and OneDrive and so on, so I don't have to switch all the time. But I want to do this under my old gamertag/name because everyone knows me under it. Is there any way to transfer my gamertag/name from the old account to the new one? I found a support-article explaining how to do it using an xbox 360, which I still have, but I can't connect it to the internet at the moment so that way it won't work. I don't care about achievements and what not, I just want to be able to use my old name on my new account.

Hope this is in the right forum, if not: Move it please, this support section is a mess and referring to Twitter for support is the biggest joke I've seen all week.


Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey there and good morning!

I'm afraid at this time there isn't currently an option to change the associated Microsoft Account without an Xbox 360 console. If you have a friend with an Xbox 360 you can download your profile on their and follow the necessary steps to switch over your MSA.

If you want to provide feedback on this and possibly see it changed in the future definitely check out our Xbox Feedback site.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.