Transferring Downloadable Content to a New Console

My Old Xbox has Recently decided not to Work properly , So i purchased a new Xbox 360 Elite Slim 250GB. 

I also purchased a Xbox 360 Transfer Cable to transfer my DLC and Saves, as i was instructed on http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/set-up-transfer-cable . However When i Connect my old Hard Drive to the Cable, and plug that in to a USB port on my new Xbox, the message does not come up asking if i would like to transfer Content across. In systym settings - Storage Devices, it acknowledges the storage device is there, However it says that it needs to be configured to store Xbox content, and by configuring it, It will wipe my Hard Drive! This is an Xbox 360 Transfer Cable so it should be configured Anyway! If i could have any Help possible that would be great!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Where did you get the transfer cable?  Only 3rd party cables give that error message.

However, DLC purchased on your account can be redownloaded from your download history.  On the dash go to System>Accounts>Download History.

Also, don't forget to do a license transfer to the new console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.