Transferred content, but mulitplayer not working for Red Dead Redemption

I purchased a new Star Wars console and transferred all my content from my original Xbox 360.  Red Dead Redemption was only copied from the disk (not purchased via Marketplace), so I re-copied the game disc to the new console.  I can play single player, but as soon as I try and log into the multiplayer, or try to join my friends in a game, it reverts me right back to Xbox Home on my console.  I copied Mass Effect 3 to my new console only, and I can get onto multiplayer with no problems.. Help!  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Exit Bloom! Have you tried removing and reinstalling the game as Mister Darcy suggested? Have you also gotten a chance to run through the official Disc Drive Solution wizard? Let us know for both and we'll be happy to help work through this with you. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Ingram Tynke! Since this thread is dated back quite a few months, could I have you create a brand new thread regarding your issue? This will allow us to help you out individually and not bother the OP of this thread. :) Make sure to include a detailed description, any errors you ecnounter and any steps you've already tried! Thank you in advance. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here.  Got the Gears 3 console in September, wanted to get back into RDR MP and nada.  Same thing as original poster, except I did download all my DLC from marketplace, not disc.  But yeah, you click "multiplayer" and it loads for 2 or 3 seconds, goes black, and you're returned to dashboard.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problems. I'm using an original, older console,and my disk drive is broken so I can't use disks. But, I have been able to play downloaded games until I got Red Dead which after I join multiplayer it eventually kicks me back to the Xbox Home screen.

Sorry this didn't help.

And on another note I have tried re-installing the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to me.

No... there is no error message.. the Red Dead screens continue normally until I press "multiplayer", then the entire tv screen goes blank and it opens Xbox Home.  When I attempted to join a game with a friend, it shows the Red Dead screen momentarily, before going blank/reverting to Home.  I tried deleting the game (which would not transfer, I had to download it to my new console directly) from my new console and re-downloading, but continue to have the same problem.  I had never previously had problems with RDR other than the odd crash when my old elite console got too hot, so I'm not certain how to fix this problem at this point.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Everse1968! Sorry to hear about your situation. You mentioned that after attempting to play multiplayer you are sent back to the Dashboard. In other words you are exited out of the game entirely, correct?

Do you see any error messages when trying to log in? It seems like this issue is related to this specific title. Have you tried removing and reinstalling it to see if the problem persists? Keep me posted! Standing by.

Sorry this didn't help.