Transfering Licenses between accounts

Is that possible. I purchased a majority or my DLC using an account other than my main. I am upgrading to a slim console soon and would like to get rid of that extra account if possible, but don't want to risk losing my content. Any advice or suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Just because you 'attempted' to do something and didn't succeed doesn't mean what you did was acceptable. What you did is against the XBL Terms of Service and I'm sure EA's Terms of Use also. Kind of like 'attempting' to steal from a retail store. Just because you didn't get away doesn't mean you shouldn't be punished and just left off with a warning. You knew what you did was wrong.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Kz: You cannot transfer licenses between accounts or perform a (console) license transfer with a banned account. When an account is banned, all XBox Live time, DLC, MSP, etc. is forfeit, and you will need to re-purchase the content under a new gamertag in order to access it.

Sorry this didn't help.

"The conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

Duplication of item purchase history

Attempted Microsoft Points fraud

Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes"

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***<br>

<br>

I know exactly what I did, and I won't deny it. I believe it is related to the third one - "Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes". I was really stupid and was told I could acquire an EA Sports Online Pass through tricking the chat system at EA Support into giving me a free Online Pass code. I was unable to acquire this code. So therefore, I did not actually ACQUIRE the redemption code. Instead, I purchased the game through GameFly's "Keep it" program where the consumer is sent a brand new case with a working Online Pass - and whatever else is included when the game is purchased brand new. I then redeemed the code that came on the back of my manual and everything was just peachy. It wasn't until late August, a good week or so after I had redeemed the code, that I was banned.<br>

<br>

If I walked into Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of things (video games, movies, etc.), everything legal and fair, but as I leave the store, I kick the glass out of one of the automatic doors. The manager wouldn't take my purchases away from me saying and say I can't have them back as they kick me out. They would say "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to take your purchases and leave this store."

Sorry this didn't help.

what do I do if my account was banned and I need my licences back?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Kz RyeBread"]

Hmm... That's lame. I may have to consider taking them to Court. It doesn't say this anywhere in the CoC or the ToS as of today that if I am banned, I get cheated out of my DLC. Maybe if they see this post, they'll consider transferring my licences from Kz Tibneo to Kz Ryebread... or at least a possible 1-day relief of suspension. AND 2 MILLIONS DOLLARS!

[/quote]

Actually they have every right to do so. And they even tell us:

12. Intellectual Property.

We may automatically check your version of the software. We may also automatically download upgrades to the software to your Authorized Device to update, enhance, and further develop the Service.

Any software or content (e.g., text, images, video, graphics, music, sound, or games) (for purposes of this Section 12, we refer to all of these, as applicable, as “Software”) we provide as part of the Service is licensed and not sold. We reserve all other rights not expressly granted in this contract. The Software license ends when your Service ends unless we notify you otherwise. You must then uninstall the Software, or we may disable it. You must not work around any technical limitations in the Software.

Microsoft Products and Services are subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the products and services. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see http://www.microsoft.com/exporting. If you use the Software to access content that has been protected with Microsoft Digital Rights Management (DRM), the Software may automatically request media usage rights from an online rights server and download and install DRM updates in order to let you play the content. See the DRM information in the Microsoft Silverlight Privacy Statement (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=178857) for more information.

14. Service Operation and Equipment.

You may only access the Service with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via the World Wide Web. You agree that: (i) you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service; (ii) your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads); and (iii) we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification.  You must not attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware associated with the Service or with an Authorized Device. If you do so, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Service, and pursue other legal remedies.  We may take any legal action we deems appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

We reserve complete and sole discretion with respect to the operation of the Service. We may, among other things: (i) restrict or limit access to the Service; (ii) retrieve information from the Authorized Device and any connected peripheral device used to log onto the Service as necessary to operate and protect the security of the Service, and to enforce this contract; and (iii) upgrade, modify, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Service, any game or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an Authorized Device, from time to time without notice. We may do so by the automatic download of related software directly to your Authorized Device, including software that prevents you from accessing the Service, playing pirated games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices.

17. Changes to the Service; If We Cancel the Service.

We may change the Service or delete features of the Service at any time for any reason. If you do not agree to these changes, then you must cancel and stop using the Service.

A particular feature may be a pre-release version – a beta, for example – and may not work correctly or in the way a final version might work. We may significantly change the final version or decide not to release a final version.

We may cancel or suspend your use of the Service at any time without notice and for any reason. Upon Service cancellation, your right to use the Service stops right away. Your ability to access and use Third-Party Features also stops right away.   Our cancellation of the Service will not change your obligation to pay all charges made to your billing account.  If we cancel the Service in its entirety without cause, then we will refund to you on a pro-rata basis the amount of your payment for the portion of your Service remaining at the time of cancellation. Sections 6 (for amounts incurred before termination), Section 11, Sections 15-18 and those sections of this contract that by their terms apply after termination of this contract will survive any termination of this contract. If you have confidentiality obligations related to the Service, those obligations remain in force (for example, you may have been a beta tester).

C. Consequences of Violations.

If you violate the Code of Conduct or the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use, action may be taken against your account, including without limitation the following.

• Some offenses warrant an immediate permanent suspension, including without limitation: hacking, modding, fraud, severe racial remarks, nudity on the Xbox LIVE Vision camera or Kinect camera, repeated creation of inappropriate gamertags or profile content, or posting viruses or URLs to viruses
  • Trying to avoid a temporary suspension by creating alternate new accounts may result in a permanent suspension of the new user account and a possible escalation of punishment to the original account and all related accounts.
  • Repeated violations of the Code of Conduct can result in a permanent suspension of your account, or a permanent suspension of any device you are using to connect to the service.
  • If you create a gamertag that has been determined to violate the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, you will be required to change it.
  • If you create Terms of Use or Code of Conduct violating content anywhere in the system, we may delete it and a suspension of varying length will be issued on the account depending on the frequency and severity of the infraction.
  • If we are notified that you are abusing the voice feature or message features, your ability to use the voice and messaging system will be suspended.

Microsoft is not obligated to send you a warning before these actions occur. If your account is suspended while participating in a tournament or competition Microsoft assumes no liability in the loss of any potential prizes or recognition related to the tournament or competition. Microsoft is not obligated to monitor every post, but we have the right to remove any post or take action against any user.

Microsoft reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content from the Services. Microsoft reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend a user for violations. Microsoft can contact any Internet Service Provider and provide the ISP with information on illegal activities.

So, what exactly were you banned?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't. Content can be transferred to new consoles (via license transfer) but they must remain on the account that was used to purchase it. Unless you've gotten your account banned, there's no reason you can't just recover that tag onto the new console. It's relatively painless.

Alternatively, you could put the account onto a thumb drive and transfer it that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm... That's lame. I may have to consider taking them to Court. It doesn't say this anywhere in the CoC or the ToS as of today that if I am banned, I get cheated out of my DLC. Maybe if they see this post, they'll consider transferring my licences from Kz Tibneo to Kz Ryebread... or at least a possible 1-day relief of suspension. AND 2 MILLIONS DOLLARS!

Sorry this didn't help.