Transfer Key from XBox360 to XBox One

Hello I have buy the Game Risk with the XBox 360 and now I have the XBox One. But I can't download the Game without to Pay again.

How can I get this Game from the Store for the XBox One?

Greetings

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi there,

I can't find anywhere that it says that you get a free upgrade from the 360 version to the Xbox One version. If there is no offer saying you get a free upgrade, you will need to buy it again for next gen.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is the Link :www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility

Microsoft says without Pay from 360 to One. The Game in the One Store is the same like in the 360 Store.

Same Graphics and same Version. Not Risk 2 or 3 or anthing else.

I Pay on 360 in May 2015 15€ for that and now I must Pay again 15€??? I have buy the One on Saturday because Microsoft says you can play any 360 Games on One if there available. So you say I can't do that without to Pay again. So I think Microsoft is lying the People to sell more XBox One.

Maybe I bring back the One and buy the Playstation 4.

On the Website Microsoft say without to Pay. So I lost the confidence to Microsoft Products.

So I hope you bring it back.

Greetings

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sonnenaloe,

Backwards Compatibility is a feature that is currently in testing with the preview program members and it only covers a limited number of games at the moment. The full release of Backwards Compatibility to all Xbox One users is thought to be around Xmas (no guarantee of that though).

The original game developers / publishers have to decide to make their games available on this new service. There is no guarantee that the Xbox 360 version of Risk will become available.

My own opinion (not speaking for Xbox!) is that if a game is already available for Xbox One - and Risk is - its highly unlikely to be released as a Backwards Compatible title as it would damage sales of the Xbox One version.

Sorry this didn't help.

On May 2015 I don't like to buy a XBox One. So I have buy the 360 Download Version. So for me I didn't have the choice to buy 360 or One.

After that Microsoft say you can play your 360 Games on the One I have buy the One. The Game Risk is available for the One so you can Transfer the Key from 360 to the One.

I Know the Disc Versions of the Game is ready at the earliest in Fall or X-Mas.

but the promise by Microsoft is valid to play 360 Games on the One.

Must I waiting till X-Mas for a download Version that now available?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry there is a Mistake. I know not all the 360 Games are on the One is availible in the Future. But this Game is now availible. And I Talk only to this Game not anthing else.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again,

just to clarify - buying the Xbox 360 version of a game does not entitle you to a free copy of the Xbox One version of that game unless the developer / publisher has some form of upgrade offer running.

If the Xbox 360 version of Risk is made available via Backwards Compatibility in the future you will be able to download the Xbox 360 version of the game to your Xbox One free of charge. You would not get the Xbox One version.    

Sorry this didn't help.