Trainers Who Won't Train?

I noticed this with the lower level Smithing trainer but now I've just gone to Ahkari in the Khajit Caravens to be trained in pickpocketing, but there's no conversation option to be trained. Like I said this also happened with a Smithing trainer even though the mid-level and expert trainers worked fine.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or am I missing something?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Could it be a low level trainer?

You might have to do a task for him.  I didn't use many trainers while leveling my legit character to 81.

[quote user="Gurnz4"]

Could it be a low level trainer?

[/quote]

Does their level make a difference? Of the two trainers that won't train me, one is the low level pickpocket trainer and the other is the low level smithing trainer. I could see why maybe my smithing level is too high for her but I've never done any pickpocketing so I don't know why that trainer won't offer it. I'm only looking into pickpocketing for the 100 extra carrying space perk. :)

I have a thought for you.

Have you ever sat down and had a think about which skills are actually worth leveling? I think you might find that with some successful pickpocketing, you won't need to train it at all.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

I have a thought for you.

Have you ever sat down and had a think about which skills are actually worth leveling? I think you might find that with some successful pickpocketing, you won't need to train it at all.

[/quote]

I have thought about it. This is my first character and she's a warrior but I'd love to give her the extra carrying space. I guess what I'm thinking about are her morals so to speak. She's a fairly "good" person and because I'm really trying to stick to my character idea, I don't like the idea of her picking pockets all over the place to get the experience. I know what you mean though about training and leveling because I've leveled most of my skills with no training being needed. Perhaps if I wish to stay true to my character she won't get this perk....I'll have to think about it.

But that still doesn't answer why the low level smithing trainer would never train me while the other two would?