Top ten best and worst SMGs in COD history

Best:

1. MP40 - (WAW):  I still have nightmares about mp40 juggernauts.  Most OP gun in COD history?
  2. UMP 45 - (MW2):  Two bullet kill from range....with a silencer on.
  3. MP7 - (MW3):  SMG mobility but felt like an AR.
  4. MP5 - (COD 4):  No recoil, high damage.  I loved the way that gun sounded.
  5. AK 74u - (Blops 1)
  6. PDW 57 - (Blops 2):  Large clip, no recoil, solid damage.
  7. Scorpion Evo - (Blops 2):  With the right attachments, this gun was a lazer beam.
  8. PPSH 41 - (COD 2):  High ROF, high damage, large clip...This gun sounded angry.
  9. MTAR X - (Ghosts):  I still haven't made up my mind on ghost guns...but it seems to be at the top of the class.
  10. AK 74u - (COD 4):  Very powerful.  "pocket ak 47".

Worst:

1. PM9 - (MW3):  Aweful range, burned through bullets
  2. Mini Uzi - (COD 4):  What a pain it was trying to get this gold...Once I got it gold I never even used it.
  3. Mac 11 - (Blops 1):  Disliked most of the smgs in blops 1.  It felt like I was shooting marshmellows at people.
  4. Kiparis - (Blops 1):   See above*
  5. PM 63 - (Blops 1):  See above*
  6. Type 100 - (WAW):  I couldn't get into this gun.  It seemed inferior to the others in its class.
  7. Mini Uzi - (MW2):  One gun I wish they would have changed when they brought it back.
  8. MP5 - (MW2):  Came in expecting the MP5 from COD 4, left with a lot more hit markers.
  9. MP5 - (MW3):  Deja vu.
  10. Scorpion - (COD 4):  A potentially decent gun ruined by a 20 bullet clip.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

^ I don't have a best or worse but thought someone needed to respond. The MP5 in MW3 is one of the best all round weapons in that game, I know at least one person who would agree. Try it again, it's a killer.

MP40 is great in WAW but the PPSH is way better imho.

I find the MTAR X in Ghosts rubbish. Nothing but hitmarkers, maybe it just doesn't work for me. I found the best SMG in Ghosts to be the Vector.

I'm surprised the PP90 didn't show up in either list.

[quote user="Mafivee"]

[/quote] or the MSMC from Black Ops 2. 

-

As for your list, I disagree with the PM63. It was  great SMG in my opinion. Kiparis was good too. Uzi was bleck. It was perhaps one of the only guns I used the least.

[quote user="Mafivee"]

[/quote]

I would agree. I think the pp90m1 was one of my favorite smgs of all. No need to aim the thing, just run around hipfiring people half way across the map.

I'm suprised too that the type 100 from waw was on the bad list. I didnt like it myself but have heard it referred to as op quite frequently.

mp40 juggernaut spray and prey. that was fun.

The MP5 in Modern Warfare 2 is probably the best SMG I've ever used. It has really nice damage output, but casuals hate the different recoil it has. I can easily kill people with a silencer and no stopping power in Modern Warfare 2. I don't understand why other people find it so hard.

[quote user="Mafivee"]

[/quote]

I considered the pp90 and msmc...but I didn't want to load the list with guns that were fresh in my mind.  One of my buddies loved the remade mp5...but for me personally, it was horrendous.  

People always complained about the mp40 with juggernaut class from WaW but I never felt like it was overpowered and I didn't even use it. The Thompson with drum mag and double tap was way better I thought and the ppsh and type 100 with stopping power were also good.

BO2 - MSMC and PDW

MW3 - MP7 and UMP45

BO - AK74

Ghosts - Undecided