top 5 in opponent race

HI there. I've just got the steering ferrari and find that I loose more the control of my car then with my dpad. why?  Also, in most race, there's 5 secondes difference between 40K position and the top 10.  5secondes!  my driving is not perfect, but even if I take the same car as the top performer, I'm still not able to break my record.  Do you think they modify their car for ultimate speed in a certain class?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Steering wheels need tweaking for each person to get them working well. Go into options, controller and advanced settings.

With the time difference you mean the difference between position 40,000 on the boards and top 10 is 5 seconds? I would have thought it was a lot more than that. And yes top builds are designed for purpose. I build one last night for an event and did nothing but add power and it got me a top 200 on my first run. Should be able to get well inside top 100 when I spend more time and tweak my build.

Auto upgrade just adds a bit of everything and often uses parts that are just wasting PI points.

Ok. I've always use auto upgrade, I may try to find the right setting for the class I use. I think there's someting wrog with my pedals because I played online with the same car as the other players and on start, they pass me right away.

That could be anything. Do you use traction control or not? Do they use tracton control or not? Do they use race tyres? Auto upgrade will not apply race tyres unless you are close to maxing out the car. Some people are good launchers and some are not. And sorry to say this but its not finding the right setting for the class. Its more finding the right settings fot class and track. So an Evo in S class may have one build for a certain circuit and a completely different build for a street race.

You will be amazed as to how much of an advantage it is to play manual w/ clutch as well!

There was a BIG debate about "manual w/ clutch advantage" over on the official Forza Horizon forums. Some even went as far as accusing those certain players as "cheaters". Isn't society great?

The thing is, there IS a distinct advantage to using manual w/ clutch as opposed to manual, as you can disengage, shift, and re-engage it as fast as you can move your fingers and/or feet...without having to worry about actually upgrading your *in-game* clutch or transmission for faster shift times.  The faster shift times in and of themselves are an advantage, but then you couple that with the PI savings that you can then apply to other go-fast upgrades, and it becomes a bit unfair, IMO.

If they really want to mimic real life, there shouldn't be ANY advantage to using a clutch "pedal" as opposed to using paddle shifters (no clutch)...if anything, paddle shifters would have the advantage.  But if they did that, there'd be absolutely no incentive for anyone to use the clutch (other than the hardcore "purists"), and it'd be a wasted feature.

So then, what should be done? If there really is a distinct "unfair advantage" to those who aren't using a wheel, how can those who don't have a wheel compete?

You seem to have missed the point.  It's got nothing to do with having a wheel...you can set the in-game controls to "manual" or "manual w/clutch"...regardless of whether you're using a wheel or a gamepad.  The unfair/unrealistic advantage comes about through the way that the "manual w/clutch" setting is implemented in the game, as I described above.

Ohh; I see now. However, when the argument first came up, it was indeed pertaining to players who use wheels as they can use the manual w/ clutch faster than regular console players can or something.

There is no clear advantage to any input device. If there is controller is quicker but I believe its more just personal preference. I happen to know that at least 3 of the top 10 rally guys use controller. A lot of the top times in FM4 were set with controller. It's all about personal preference, setting up whatever device you are using well (deadzones for controller and other settings for wheel) and using good tunes or builds in the case of Horizon.