Too Young for Online Gaming

My son turned 9 today and we got him Xbox Live Gold.

When we try and play EA SPORTS FIFA 2011 it says he is too young to play online.

I have changed his settings so that he is an adult and also left it four hours before trying. Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

EA have an age restriction for online play, so you need an adult account to access their titles online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To clarify a little, for the EA sports titles and games that are not m rated, you have to be 13 in order to play online. For m rated games you have to be 18. There are no settings you can change to fix that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Corporate parenting?  Really?  I threw down the $60 for Battlefield 3 as a gift for my son.  Pretty disappointing to find out he can't play online.  I know the content of the game and I know what sort of shenanigans he will encounter in online gaming.  As his mother, it's my right to decide if he's mature enough to handle these things. This is the last EA game we buy, ever.  

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Fatal Arachne"]

Corporate parenting?  Really?  I threw down the $60 for Battlefield 3 as a gift for my son.  Pretty disappointing to find out he can't play online.  I know the content of the game and I know what sort of shenanigans he will encounter in online gaming.  As his mother, it's my right to decide if he's mature enough to handle these things. This is the last EA game we buy, ever.  

[/quote]

That is an issue/greivence you would need to address to EA. It is your right to decide what your son can play. However  EA has every right to dictate who uses their service. 

Sorry this didn't help.