Too many questions, not enough answers.

First: please take note I'm new to the console (about 2 months) and I'm still learning to find answers, but I've checked the info on the console and around here, but so far, I'm not seeing answers to questions I have.

Okay, the questions:

[1] Why is Microsoft charging me tax for online purchases? I live in the state of Indiana and Microsoft does not have a presence here. Even if during the holidays they set up kiosks, these are only limited and the state only taxes physical presence, not historic.

[2] Why can't we get a preview of what's being offering through the extras? I've made 3 purchases so far and not a single one was worth the expense. I'd request a refund, but I know it's moot.

[3] Why is everything on this console a "BUY! BUY! BUY!" presentation? I pay for XBox Live. I shouldn't see ads and I shouldn't be bombarded with the "latest news to sell me shovelware". This is ridiculous. As a gamer since the 2600, I've never seen a company go out of its way to purposely hide information from its customers, bombard them with ads, and charge them for the privilege to do it. Does anyone at Microsoft not see something wrong here?

[4] This forum's layout is atrocious and it's impossible to find anything of relevance. The search offers more returns of benign assistance than Google and its list of virtual stores. Is Microsoft going to fix this forum?

I've other questions, but they're more related to the console's options, not download.

Thanks for reading.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

tax is part of everyday life and also its federally required

you can try demos and review sites research is a GOOD thing

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[1] All online MS Point transactions are considered to be done at One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA. You are charged Washington State taxes. It's how Microsoft (as well as Nintendo and Sony) deal with online purchases. Buying points at a retail store will charge you based on your state, or possibly zero.

[2] If by extras, you are referring to DLC (Downloadable Content, adding new levels and other such extras to games), the ability to preview them would be up to the developers/publishers of the game, not Microsoft. I'd suggest finding reviews of the content on the internet.

[3] "BUY! BUY! BUY!" - motto of the United States of America since 1776 (I notice your shiny gold account & games, so you "bought bought bought" willingly). It's also worth mentioning Xbox Live Silver still has ads. You're not paying for them. And the 2600 didn't advertise just how crappy E.T. was. No shovelware in gaming history advertised "22 on meta-crtic! God awful gameplay! Own the worst game ever made today!"

[4] direct all complaints about the forums here - forums.xbox.com/.../18.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.