Too many hackers on this game

They won't stop freezing games. There is no way that is good for the xbox freezing it, there are so many kids who freeze every game they join. I've been frozen by [MOD EDIT]multiple times now, all his noob friends leave just before the game is frozen every time. I have also been frozen by [MOD EDIT] [MOD EDIT], and [MOD EDIT]. Those are just some names I have on hand I get frozen every time I play this game. Not only is it annoying that I have to have my xbox damaged, but also avoid player doesn't keep them from joining my game, and filing a complaint obviously doesn't do anything because there is a hacker in every game I join. GTA IV is one of the easiest games I have ever played yet there is so many noobs who have to hack to kill people.

Hackers always join games so if their friends get killed they can be chivalrous nerds and get revenge by cheaply killing or freezing the game. Too many hackers are crybabies and have to get upset and freeze the game. Is anything to be done about this?

Also its way too cheap when hackers get in an APC, the invincible vehicles hack needs to be patched. If you take away that they can't drive super fast in cars either because the car will just instantly break.

Hackers shouldn't be in public games, if there was an actual way to report hackers and have something done about it they would only be in private games with their friends not causing an issue. Hackers freezing xboxs could be causing potential damage, which is a liability. If the hackers would just be banned for going in public games this would be fixed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is why when you see many videos on YouTube, it clearly says "We/I tested the hacks in a private match" or "I don't have an unfair advantage over others". The people you are talking about are noobs and I am as annoyed with them as you are. What's really anoying is that the hackers have an ability to join a Private/Party Session when the "Join Session in Progress" or "Join Party" option isn't available. The same noob (I can't remember the name) joined my game me and my friends had to practise Piloting, and he had a boat which flew like a helicopter. Weird thing was that he started doing drive-bys with RPG rockets and once I jumped out of my helicopter (which was above the hovering boat) and landed on the boat, he magically killed me while he was in the drivers seat. For starters, how could he have shot me when driving and for seconds, how could he have blowed me, and all the other helicopters (my mates) flying  nearby WITH AN RPG, when you can't fire one when your driving? Weird. Leave some feedback!

Please don't name and shame on a forum. It's against the rules. Well, if they leave before the guy freezes teh game, you should do too. Unfortunately, you have two options: 1) Mod your Xbox and install mod killers (so you can kill them and get revenge) or 2) Find another lobby. I'm not trying to teach people to mod or anything, nor am I for modding but sadly, this is what it has come to.

Please don't give names of other players that are supposedly violating the Xbox Live Code of Conduct.  Simply file a complaint and have your friends file a complaint against the users that you think are violating the Code of Conduct.  Thanks.

He has a modded pistol or sub machine gun the fires RPG rockets. I'm sick of these jerks that can't fly, drive, shoot to save their lives so they mod and freeze. Ban them all for good. NO creating a new account, NO buying a new console, if you get banned for modding there should be no way to get back on Xbox live. NO exceptions.

In a PERFECT WORLD, that's exactly what would happen. However, hackers/modders (both partake in the same activity) will ALWAYS be present. Micorsoft can only ban a HANDFUL of them, but MOST of them are actually smarter than "the system". True; banning a modder/hacker may deter them momentarily, but the truth is they will always come back using either: 1) A new Xbox, 2) A new account, 3) An Unbanner program. If you are unsure what that is, an unbanner can and will unban a banned Xbox. This is the primary method that hackers/modders use to unban themselves from perma-bans. Not only that, some of these programs are easily accessible PUBLICLY over Modding websites. The only downside is the modder/hacker needs an Xbox that is not banned so it does hurt their wallet somewhat. However, there are people who will play by the rules and those who will not. This has been hinted by works of Plato and the Ancient Greeks. Aristotle even said: "I do things even though I know they are wrong, yet I do them anyway." It can also bec considered "playstyle" however, modding/hacking is considered a "playstyle" that is frowned upon by Microsoft and most gaming companies. You would think logically that Microsoft would be able to handle this but there are literally 100s upon 1000s of modders/hackers, and due the increase in popularity and importance of technology, being a hacker can easily be defined as "someone who has exceptional knowledge of computers and the way the technology works. In order to be a hacker, all you need to know is how the equipment works and how technology, especially computers today work. It's very complicated however, which is why you have only a few. To finish this off, I'll tell you what is actually happening when you get frozen: When you get frozen in a game, it is because the hacker has flooded your IP Address with packets of information, tons of it. When you play online, your information is sent between the server and your router/computer via packets. If the hacker "floods" your router with more packets than necessary, you freeze. It is simply an annoyance in my opinion, and one good way to avoid this is to either: 1) Play with COPS ON and FRIENDLY FIRE OFF (these settings deter modders/hackers), or 2) Stay in PRIVATE MATCHES WITH FRIENDS. I hope you all have learned a lot today, and for the record I am not a hacker/modder, nor a supporter of modders/hackers/modding/hacking. I'm am just very intelligent and knowledgeable on the subject of modding/hacking.

Yous seem to know your stuff, but your theories however are not logical, its not Microsofts responobility, its Rockstar norths's, they need to get off their lazy drunk butts and patch the mods, yet Ive come to find out that Rockstar is a team of developers who are for modifications, so were basically surrounded, just players who cant take a couple seconds to find ways to do good without cheating, so they just do what they want, think about it, GTA is the king of cheat codes when it comes to games, Rockstar dosent care about the loyal money spending fans that basically sign their checks. They care about money

@TBM KRAK SHOT, I question why you think Rockstar is responsible. How is it not Microsoft's responsibility? Are they not the ones that are supposed to be monitoring the servers? Does the XBL PET Team NOT enforce violations of the Code of Conduct under modifying? If I remember correctly, there were several banned accounts pertaining to modifications of game content. How then can you say it is Rockstar's job? Yes, they can make a patch, but it is ultimately Microsoft's responsibility to ban the modders. So it is Microsoft that should "get off their lazy drunk butts" and ban the modders.

I think the modding will never be stopped on GTA IV because the game is already out for nearly four years and pretty much, they are making GTA V. So, don't expect a patch to come through and fix everything unfournatley. Hopefully, there will be a banning system for GTA V and Max Payne 3. They already have it in Red Dead Redemption. Lets hope they will increase their power to stop modders from spreading onto other games. People are not going to take modding anymore, take action.

I agree, GTAMissions; a lot of people are beginning to hate modders. But let me throw a curveball if I may. What if the modder is not a douche and actually just uses mods to spawn rare vehicles? Do we still hate them?

That's a pretty big "if".