Too Many Fanboys out there.

How come when a gaming company does something outrages (like the Destiny re-release) and it obviously screws over players. Their are those in the gaming community defending them? It blows my mind how many Fanboys are out there. It's not always the money just the principle of the thing. Really makes me question the mental stablity of the human race.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There no doubt loads of fan boys.  It is pretty ridiculous, and tiring.  One can't even criticize the business practice of Activision and Bungie who is clearly ripping people off.  

Destiny is a solid game.  It has loads of flaws.  The game is not perfect.  The business practice regarding Destiny is atrocious.  

No one can defend their latest blunder.  

A psychologist might say that brand loyalty can be as powerful as the bond between parent and child.  And then they would go on to say that someone that feels that kind of bond with a brand should be evaluated and treated.

I must of missed something because I fail to see how I am getting "*** over" by the destiny re-release.

Ummm the fact they are selling the game for $60 with the previous 2 expansions and the new one? Year one players had to pay $60+35+and 40 for the TKK Expansion. Where have you been? Not to mention the the game was not worth the $60 when it fisrt came out. If you feel your not getting robbed then good for you. Pat yourself on the back> See this is a fanboy!!!!

I paid $60 for the game last September and the additional 20-30 bucks for the pass (can't remember exact price), and I haven't touched Destiny in probably 9 months.  It definitely wasn't worth the money.  

Having said that though, I don't feel ripped off... I wasn't robbed... and I don't feel bad for anyone that spent their money on the product.

The way I see it is I am a consumer that made a choice. I can see why some people feel cheated with the lack of single player content in Destiny and how the expansions did not really expand anything. With that being said I don't feel robbed or cheated because I bought the game as part of a deal. I only bought the expansion when I played with friends one night. I asked them was it worth and they where reluctant to say yes but I bought it anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I like the game. But, it did not give people "bang for your buck". Especially what you had to shell out for expansions and then they announce the TKK Edition and Bungie seems not to care what it's fan base said about it.

I paid $89 for the main game and both expansions and have 600hrs in it which is probably the most I've ever played a game. I think that's not bad value for my money, but I don't defend how they've handled a lot of stuff, especially the updates which made you re-level your gear, so stupid.

I don't feel the need to create a thread about it though, it's not like they scammed me out of my life savings or something. Live and learn, just don't buy the next game.

People still play Destiny? I quit that game when I figured out I was brain washed into thinking it was good.

how come when some sports/fifa/football/baseball/nba/etc does that outrages and screws over the fans, their are fan boys defending the team?